Best ice maker for home to make Ice creams

Are you looking for an ice maker or ice cream maker?

I had a Kitchenaid ice cream bowl for my stand mixer, but after it leaked blue fluid all over my freezer last month I went looking for something better. I used this article from Wirecutter as a guide: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ice-cream-maker/ and ended up buying a Whynter ICM-201SB. The machines with built in compressors are much cheaper now than they were a few years ago, but are still about 2x to 3x the price of the ones where you freeze the bowl ahead of time.

So far I have used it 3 times and found that it makes better ice cream than the old frozen bowl method, and I really love that I don't have it taking up space in my freezer! I checked out a bunch of different ice cream cook books as e-books from the library, and I'm having fun experimenting with different recipes.

Hi cathy63,
I am looking best ice maker. you shared details about ice cream maker. ok fine. when I search in online I found [mod edit] a guide for best ice maker. can I go with a sonic nugget ice maker or can you suggest any best one?

Thanks and waiting for a suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sorry, your title says both ice maker and ice cream, so I was confused about what you're looking for. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with ice makers and can't provide any advice on those. I hope you are able to find an answer from someone.

Since the water is so crappy here, and we did not want a built in icemaker in the freezer taking up room, we bought a separate little icemaker.
They are sold under different brands, but all look the same. The one we have is "made" by Igloo, and will make 20 pounds a day, which is sufficient for the 2 of us.
It was about $90, and I bought it on eBay

Since the water is so crappy here, and we did not want a built in icemaker in the freezer taking up room, we bought a separate little icemaker.
They are sold under different brands, but all look the same. The one we have is "made" by Igloo, and will make 20 pounds a day, which is sufficient for the 2 of us.
It was about $90, and I bought it on eBay

Those icemakers get terrible reliability ratings and the mfg warranty is worthless since you have to pay shipping costs which are almost the cost of the unit. We purchased one that failed in a couple of months. Never again.

IMG_6599.JPG

Given that it is a first post, it is obviously a spammer trying to pitch some product.

Those icemakers get terrible reliability ratings and the mfg warranty is worthless since you have to pay shipping costs which are almost the cost of the unit. We purchased one that failed in a couple of months. Never again.
I agree.Our latest one just crapped out. Fortunately, a neighbor had a bigger one he used in his RV that had been in his garage for 5 years. I plugged it in, turned it on, and iot has been cranking out ice ever since:dance:.

Last edited:
Well, if it is I guess they have to first figure out if they are pitching ice cubes or ice cream...or something else. I’m so confused.
I suspect that English is not their first language.

What if he’s not a spammer, but a poor ice cream-less soul wandering the Internet looking for the perfect machine to satisfy his hunger for mint chocolate chip and no one can help him find it? It has been ten days since we have seen poor Sanathana. I hope he is not too distraught and that his quest will be fruitful. I am crying a little just thinking about it.

What if he’s not a spammer, but a poor ice cream-less soul wandering the Internet looking for the perfect machine to satisfy his hunger for mint chocolate chip and no one can help him find it? It has been ten days since we have seen poor Sanathana. I hope he is not too distraught and that his quest will be fruitful. I am crying a little just thinking about it.
You are right. I don't know how I could have been so heartless. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom