Do you stream music?

i stream amazon music when i'm golfing - have a big bluetoof speaker

First was illeg@l MP3’s. Then Pandora which was ok but limiting. Now Spotify for the las couple of years. My golf group plays music every round so we can rock & golf

the sound system on the new club car onward carts is pretty neat - you can hear it great while sitting in the cart but you can't really hear it outside the cart

In the beginning (10-15 years ago <chuckle>), I used Pandora and another that I have forgotten the name to create my own "stations" and set it "shuffle." Eventually decided, however, that I had not been as "broad-minded" as I needed.

I grew up listening to the radio and missed that. The reason for DJs is they have the time and motivation to seek out the new. Therefore, my music streaming is now limited to online radio stations. That way, all I have to do is kick back and enjoy. I have mentioned a few before. For example, as a Jazz fan (when I am in that mood), I stream https://www.wwoz.org/ or https://www.kuvo.org/. (There are great Jazz stations in every major city that stream.)

To share my all time, best ever, full concert from 1976. My secret love, Karen Carpenter (and her brother Richard). My vote for the best singer and band ever.

You'll be sharing with about 8 million others.

In the olden days, I used to use Pandora. IMHO, their playlist creation algorithm is the best out there and generated playlists that matched my likes. However, sometimes I want to pick a particular artist/album/song and Pandora didn’t used to let you do that - so I switched to Spotify a few years ago. Evidently, Pandora now does this, but I’ve fully converted. We are on a Spotify family plan with my wife, son, and daughter-in-law, and it works perfectly for our needs (phones, Sonos, computer, etc.). The only thing I’d like is the option of an HD audio stream, but only about 10% of my listening would take advantage of this. I used to spend a TON of time curating my local FLAC/MP3 collection - now I just stream what I want and don’t have to manage anything. My SoundHound searches are automatically added to it’s own playlist and, my “not on Spotify” local playlist is shrinking almost daily (Led Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC, etc.). Plus, I can store tracks on my phone for times when we travel remotely (or on a plane) and are out of Wi-Fi coverage.

Amazon on all our Echo devices. We have a ton of playlists we created for all occasions, including the 4th of July.

Sirius in the car for $6 a month.

We stream SiriusXM at home and in my car. DW likes abundance of channels with specific themes or genre and I like the variety while driving.

We stream SiriusXM at home and in my car. DW likes abundance of channels with specific themes or genre and I like the variety while driving.

+1. Just a few minutes ago, I said to my Echo: "Alexa, play Deep Tracks on SiriusXM".

I mostly use free Pandora. The commercials are getting worse, but still no where near as bad as radio and it’s free. I also use Amazon music that come with Prime. I mostly use that to listen to entire albums. Between the two, good enough. Understanding that I pay for Amazon Prime, I’m not going to pay for music that I don’t own. Old school I guess.

I mostly use free Pandora. The commercials are getting worse, but still no where near as bad as radio and it’s free. I also use Amazon music that come with Prime. I mostly use that to listen to entire albums. Between the two, good enough. Understanding that I pay for Amazon Prime, I’m not going to pay for music that I don’t own. Old school I guess.

I upgraded to Prime Music Unlimited a few months ago. Since just about every album ever created is available, I haven't used a CD since then. And it's fun to try out things I've never listened to.

Back
Top Bottom