Do you stream music?

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
I have always worked out of my home. I have been streaming Pandora in my home office and patio since forever it seems.

You?

We use a Shoutcast Radio player app to stream music from tens of thousands of stations around the world.

Classical Utube concerts on computer when I'm awake.... and for sleep, classical from wherever... Echo show.

Habit from long ago... when the music was all on LP's . Hated music when I studied it in college (very difficult parsing symphonies in the music lab), but so thankful now.

I use Jango. It's like Pandora, but free and no ads. It's supported by musicians that want us to try their music.

We use Pandora. In DW's car it is paired with the Bluetooth to use the car's Bose sound system. At home we use our smartphones, which have a surprising good sound and volume. The are connected to our WiFi, so no data charges.

I was a very early adopter of Pandora but gave up on it with the advent of commercials. I use Prime Music and SiriusXM on the phone at the gym. I got Sirius when I bought a new vehicle two years ago and I really like it and don’t mind the $20 monthly subscription. Local radio just stinks.

I’ve gotten to really like Venice Classic (Internet) radio. It’s a great station for morning music over coffee/breakfast. I’m not sure if that qualifies as streaming.

I was a very early adopter of Pandora but gave up on it with the advent of commercials. I use Prime Music and SiriusXM on the phone at the gym. I got Sirius when I bought a new vehicle two years ago and I really like it and don’t mind the $20 monthly subscription. Local radio just stinks.

You're overpaying for Sirius. I get mine for $5.95 a month on a 6 month 'trial' basis; then when the trial expires I call them to cancel. They then send me to their 'customer retention' group who offers me another trial price. Rinse and repeat. They actually ask me how much I want to pay and I tell them 'what I'm paying now' and they say 'ok'.

Been doing this for about 10 years now. DW does the same thing.

FWIW, I pay a small subscription to Pandora and there's no commercials.

Having said that, I use a quiet little station called "Groovera". It's 100% chill music (Buddha Bar type stuff), very laid back and some of it quite beautiful. Subscription only.

You're overpaying for Sirius. I get mine for $5.95 a month on a 6 month 'trial' basis; then when the trial expires I call them to cancel. They then send me to their 'customer retention' group who offers me another trial price. Rinse and repeat. They actually ask me how much I want to pay and I tell them 'what I'm paying now' and they say 'ok'.
I do this too. You get the app now included, and this has Howard, and all the channels (the select package or something. I've been doing this for several years. Call them tomorrow!

Pandora on my Android phone, cast to a number of Google Chromecast Audio devices throughout my home: one connected to a receiver in my livingroom, the rest in all the other rooms connected to powered computer speakers I accumulated over the years. Whole-home audio, or selectively in zones I set up. Especially useful when doing various chores around the home.

*Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Been doing this for about 10 years now. DW does the same thing.
I did the same thing, but only for about a year and a half.

I got tired of doing the same “dance” every 5 months, so the next time it came up for renewal, I said I wanted to renew for a year. They said they would only agree to extend for 5 months at a time. I said it was too much hassle and unless they agreed to a year, I’d cancel. They wouldn’t budge and so I cancelled.

I stream Spotify at home and in the car and rarely played Sirius anyway, so it was no great loss.

Sirius for years. Love it. I have it in my shop and listen to it everyday. :cool::cool::cool:

Sirius for over a decade. Currently 3 cars and mobile devices.

The fiance' likes Pandora, and that may be the future for my 200+GB iTunes library

at home, not as a rule. every now and then we'll watch old music videos on youtube. we have S/XM in all our vehicles and listen to 60's, 70's, 80's (no good R&R after about 1985 though, all the country music stations especially Y2Kountry.

Last edited:
just signed up for Spotify to stream my Sonos speakers on the patio. Good so far. Neighbors are going to get tired of Jim Buffet though

3 month trial subscription. I see most here are Pandora. I heard Pandora is better if you already have a playlist. Spotify better if you want new (to you) music

I use Amazon Music Unlimited and am in the middle of a three-month free trial of Apple Music that I started when I bought an Apple Watch. The watch only works with Apple Music, so I’ll be cancelling the Amazon subscription and linking my Echoes to my Apple Music account.

I like a mix of music and can never remember enough to compose my own playlists so I stream Radio Paradise. RP streams an eclectic mix of:

"many styles and genres of music, carefully selected and mixed by two real human beings. You'll hear modern and classic rock, world music, electronica, even a bit of classical and jazz. What you won't hear are random computer-generated playlists or mind-numbing commercials."

It's been hosted by two DJs since 1996. They add new pieces to the lineup by vetting them with listeners on their beta stream. I keep about 1000 RP MP3s I ripped on my phone for listening off line. Their new IOS app lets you download a few hours or more for listening to the current lineup offline. I like them enough that I periodically contribute $ to their effort.

Amazon music app on Roku.
Spotify on PC and Google home mini that it came with for free.
I prefer Spotify. Playlists they put together are decent. Voice commands are nice.

I use the free version of Pandora. I put a lot of effort into configuring and maintaining 8 or 9 very specific stations with artists and genres that I like. I also try to use the thumbs up/down as much as possible so the system learns what I like. Great way to discover new music.

Pandora mostly gets used for casual listening in the workshop and in the car. For more serious listening on my home system, I use Tidal lossless streaming. The sound quality is amazing. It's configured with much of the new music I discover on Pandora. It's pricey at $20/mo but I cancel every few months and then a week later I get an email offer to come back with 3 months at $1.99. Rinse and repeat.

Last 6 months or so, I seem to listen more to podcasts than music.

I have always worked out of my home. I have been streaming Pandora in my home office and patio since forever it seems.

You?

Some - actually, rarely as I usually find that my personal extensive collection is a better mix.

Did have SiriusXM eons ago when we were full-time RVing. That was far better at the time than being stuck with local radio stations fading in and out with god knows what programming (usually annoying).

Last edited:
First was illeg@l MP3’s. Then Pandora which was ok but limiting. Now Spotify for the las couple of years. My golf group plays music every round so we can rock & golf

Back
Top Bottom