Lousy Threads Lately

BUM

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Maybe its just me. I couldn't find a thread today worth getting my hooks into. Did everybody "go away in May"? No political rants. No stock market worry warts. No hot new deals. No juicy stories. Just mattresses, frosties, refrigerators and South Park AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

COME ON PEOPLE :mad:

I may have had too much coffee

BUM said:
I agree with BUM

Yeah, me too. But as usual I know the answer. When I checked
last night I had no posts on the "latest 50". I was only gone one day,
but the quality of the posting dropped precipitously :) Take heart!
I will fire off a few missives before I go fishing. Get your coffee
and prepare to be entertained and enlightened.

JG

Now were talking! I need a little JG while I'm workin' up a good crap.

BUM :D

BUM said:
Maybe its just me. I couldn't find a thread today worth getting my hooks into. Did everybody "go away in May"? No political rants. No stock market worry warts. No hot new deals. No juicy stories. Just mattresses, frosties, refrigerators and South Park AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

COME ON PEOPLE  :mad:

I may have had too much coffee

I am going fishing now but when I return I will supply a story/anecdote/
joke/clever observation on all of the above (except maybe South Park).

Elvis has left the building......................

What you see is people afraid to address a key issue. We have ignored the Great SWR Debate too long! My 15 books will be published soon and you will all learn you are FOOLS! FOOLS, I say! YEAHAHAHAHA!

;)

BUM,
I find the challenges of ER , philosophical and, emotional questions, love and fears about early retirement the most interesting.
The technical questioins - SWR & costs - seem to dominate the board at times.
Maybe with new blood the topics will change.

laurencewill said:
What you see is people afraid to address a key issue. We have ignored the Great SWR Debate too long! My 15 books will be published soon and you will all learn you are FOOLS! FOOLS, I say! YEAHAHAHAHA!

I was just thinking that the other day but didnt bother to post on it.

Apparently its "the most important issue" to early retirees, and "scores and scores" of posters want to have reasoned debate on it ::)

There's a free wendys frosty in my lousy GE refrigerator. Its not happy. It'd rather be on my mattress instead.

CONTINUING STORY, WITH ER IMPERATIVE:

I was dying to get free of my nerve shattering, ultra high-risk job. I just couldn't take this level of responsibility any longer so I went to my quirky GE refrigerator/freezer grabbed a free, small-sized frostie and climbed onto my king sized pillow-top mattress and decided then and there...

BUM said:
Maybe its just me. I couldn't find a thread today worth getting my hooks into.
Hey, I've been digging holes, cutting up green waste, catching up after vacation, and I haven't even been surfing yet this week.  Switch to decaf and I'll be back on top of my game in a week or two.

My weekly book report has to be suspended until next week-- I read Hal Moore's "We Were Soldiers Once... and Young" and it's just too depressing to write about. 

Tell ya what, remember that sci-fi book I liked so much called "Old Man's War" by John Scalzi?  Try John Scalzi's bio blog and his "Utterly Useless Writing Advice for Wannabe Authors".

Nords said:
Hey, I've been digging holes, cutting up green waste, catching up after vacation, and I haven't even been surfing yet this week. Switch to decaf and I'll be back on top of my game in a week or two.

Drank "half-caf" this morning seemed to help. Dont know why I'm up at 4am but I too am catching up. Tomorrow starts my Bruce Willis parody, "Downsizing - With A Vengence". Among Ebay, yard sale, and the dump... its outta here...me too, time to pass out.

You and me both. I'm still shoveling out my garage. Got my brother in law to come over and drag half the stuff away that he can probably use. It'll look at a lot better in his garage than in mine. Couple of loads out to the backyard shed, a load to the dump, a complete reorg of my work bench (I'm tempted to post a photo, but imagine an 8'x3' "gorilla" bench piled about 2' high with 'stuff'), and I might actually get a car or two in there!

Dang it, and I have a window a/c unit to put in this afternoon. This weird 70 degree rainy in may crap is going away tomorrow and the 90's will be back...

I guess accumulation phase means more than wealth....means crap too! I spent 10 hours today unearthing the stuff for tomorrow's and saturday's yard sale. :p

So ya vanna buy a nice recliner?

Yard Sale mantra..."No bags, no change!"

More than the accumulation factors...I've had to shoehorn ~4800 square feet of stuff from my old mcmansion and the wifes old house into our current 1900ish square feet.. :p

You dont know me said:
More than the accumulation factors...I've had to shoehorn ~4800 square feet of stuff from my old mcmansion and the wifes old house into our current 1900ish square feet.. :p

Oh, yeah ... went through a version of that when DH and I married ...  then came all the stuff after one of my aunts and my mom died.  We're doing garage sale clean-out, and I'm still coming across their stuff... :eek:

BTW ... witness protection program :confused:

You dont know me said:
The new site is google-able, so I've gone into hiding.

you mean "th" actually meant something.

mj (manny jee, maury jim, merry joe, mike jay, all of the above)

All that ever came to mind for me was Peter Parkers girlfriend "MJ"...

Actually "TH" is one of my cats initials...

Obviously I would never reveal information so sensitive and critical to our nations security...not even to Theonocliticus Haroticus.

:D

Either your cat is a lesbian like you are or is promiscuous. Or both.

REW, who is on drugs (I know...can't tell :D) and can't go out and play today...thus the online marathon...

Back
Top Bottom