Lousy Threads Lately

You dont know me said:
All that ever came to mind for me was Peter Parkers girlfriend "MJ"...

Actually "TH" is one of my cats initials...

another clue to your identity :police:

:confused:

Holy disappearing crap!

The Fri/Sat garage sale is over thank god. The money will likely go for psych help. I mean I got rid of 2/3 of my crap, have more singles than a pole dancer but a quick trip to the dump would have meant I got rid of ALL my crap and still had the 2 days free. "But you CAN'T just throw this stuff away", says DW.

Two crazy things happened.

1. It was a chilly morn in upstate NY. So I wore my trusty Carhart canvas jacket while setting up. I lady parks her car walks up to me and says, "I must have that jacket." I say "Getaddahere its my jacket." Fifteen dollars later it was her jacket.

2. I've got this old old old 5 gal gas can. You remember, the ones with the wooden handle. Well on Friday this guy buys my 100' garden hose for the $15 asking price so I throw in the gas can to finally get rid of the thing after 20 years. Twenty minutes later a guy asks me if I might have a gas can for sale. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Hottest selling stuff - clothes, even shoes, audio equip., tools, old golf balls (sold over 500).

Slow selling stuff - knicknacks, lamps

Anyway DW was soaking up the sun (and the cash), in and out of the house while I was working the crowd nonstop 9 hours on Friday 8 hours on Saturday. I'm exhaused. It had its moments though.

BUM :p

Hey Bum,

How much did you get for the golf balls? When my dad passed away and I cleaned out his place, he had over 2000 golf balls, cleaned and stacked in egg cartons, filling up 2 closets. I thought it was amazing.

LovesLife

Yard sale, schmard sale; I ain't wastin' my weekends. Either donate to Goodwill or to the big, green can...

RE_Wannabe said:
Yard sale, schmard sale; I ain't wastin' my weekends. Either donate to Goodwill or to the big, green can...

We are having our first garage sale since our marriage, in about 2 weeks. DW and I have completely different views on this. We both love to attend garage sales, yard sales, auctions and flea markets,
but I rarely buy anything except to resell. She buys at every stop and then the house fills up and the stuff just sits. Arrrrrrrrgh!
Anyway, I hope the sale will clean out the house and maybe raise some cash too.

JG

LovesLife said:
Hey Bum,

How much did you get for the golf balls? When my dad passed away and I cleaned out his place, he had over 2000 golf balls, cleaned and stacked in egg cartons, filling up 2 closets. I thought it was amazing.

LovesLife

Hi LL,

I had some dead time during the sale so I sorted the golf balls. Nearly new - $3/doz Scuffed - $2/doz and crappy - $1/doz

BUM :D

Back
Top Bottom