Karl Rove

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone else hear that Mr. Rove is about to be indicted? - One of my sources just called and said to look for an anouncement soon....

Also, can Cheney be indicted or does he have a deferment on that too?

Hm, so far just one source, and from a guy who writes in a nutcase-lefty hatezine. I think I'll take a wait-and-see approach....

Eh, he'd just be pardoned anyway, once the republicans lose the Congressional elections.

BigMoneyJim said:
Of course a V.P. can (theoretically) be indicted.

(/obvious)

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that a sitting President or V.P. is immune from criminal prosecution until after being impeached and removed from office. This is to prevent the obstruction of the exercise of executive power except for "high crimes and misdemeaners". Can a Constitutional scholar weigh in on this?

Grumpy

grumpy said:
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that a sitting President or V.P. is immune from criminal prosecution until after being impeached and removed from office. This is to prevent the obstruction of the exercise of executive power except for "high crimes and misdemeaners". Can a Constitutional scholar weigh in on this?

Grumpy

The "/obvious" was in reference to the hunting quip. No, now that you mention it I'm not sure a President or V.P. is indictable while in office. I recall a bunch of rhetoric during Clinton's Presidency, but I don't recall the actual hows or whys. Intuitively it would seem that if he could be made to take part in a civil suit then he wouldn't be immune to criminal proceedings, but as I grow older I find more and more that the world doesn't operate as I imagine it would.

People say Nixon picked Agnew as his VP as a form of life insurance--nobody would assasinate him knowing Spiro was next in line.

samclem said:
People say Nixon picked Agnew as his VP as a form of life insurance--nobody would assasinate him knowing Spiro was next in line.
Hmmm... I wondered why (1) Reagan chose Bush, (2) Bush chose Quayle, and (3) Bush chose Cheney instead of Powell.

Nords said:
Hmmm... I wondered why (1) Reagan chose Bush, (2) Bush chose Quayle, and (3) Bush chose Cheney instead of Powell.
You forgot one : 4) Clinton chose Gore  :LOL:

How long will it be until certain quarters figure out that the real enemy isn't people with whom you disagree on political issues, but people who are trying to commit mass murder against you and your friends and family?

Nixon and Agnew look like real statesman, compared to the clowns that are in there now. :-X

Back
Top Bottom