If A Woman Ran The Country

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm ready for a change - although I dislike Barbara Boxer and not a fan of Hillary...there has to be something better than what we've been having lately with the guys. :'( :bat:

Re: Would Having A Lot More Women Officeholders Make Things Better

DanTien said:
I'm ready for a change - although I dislike Barbara Boxer and not a fan of Hillary...there has to be something better than what we've been having lately with the guys.  :'( :bat:
I'd say just about anyone/anything other than old balding white guys...

There are crappy political hacks of every shape, sex and color.

A lot of countries have had leaders of all variety. Show me one thats doing better than anyone else for that reason alone.

Just my intuition tells me I'm right...would Hillary have gotten us into the HUGE mess were in right now?

There might be a mess but not this HUGE MESS... and I bet we would have a lot more friends in the world...and I don't like her!

Re: If Women Ran The Country

Almost anything has to be better than the clowns y'all have had lately. Have a huge mess in Iraq (there is no solution other than a gradual withdrawal and let civil war occur), Afganistan is still ripe for continued revolution, the Administration seems to be digging itself slowly into a hole on Iran and you have out-of-control trade and budget deficits. I cannot understand why the average American has not risen in the streets.

I think it would be an opportune time to make a dramatic shift in US foreign policy and a woman would be in the best position to make it happen and minimize the fallout. After all, the excuse can be that she could be the exact opposite of Bush: articulate, inclusive and a financial whiz.

I used to think I would vote for any woman, just to see a woman finally get to the highest office in the land.... but after seeing Condi in action I'm not so sure.

Sheryl said:
I used to think I would vote for any woman, just to see a woman finally get to the highest office in the land.... but after seeing Condi in action I'm not so sure.
Well, yeah...maybe she would be different if she didn't have to answer to da man...

AltaRed said:
I think it would be an opportune time to make a dramatic shift in US foreign policy and a woman would be in the best position to make it happen and minimize the fallout.  After all, the excuse can be that she could be the exact opposite of Bush: articulate, inclusive and a financial whiz.
You mean someone like, oh, I dunno... Condoleeza Rice?

I wonder if the Secretary of State has any influence on foreign policy.

Nah, it'd never work.

I'd take Condi over Jeb! Our current President, on a recent visit to Florida, said he thought his brother would make a great President! :p

But yes, I'm at the point I will vote for whoever is furthest from the usual. Old White Man Senator/Govenor would be the usual, so I'm thinking good looking black woman business mogul.

Oprah '08!!! Who's with me?

Nords said:
You mean someone like, oh, I dunno... Condoleeza Rice? 

I wonder if the Secretary of State has any influence on foreign policy.

Nah, it'd never work.

Think Condi is too closely associated with the current clown in office and does not seem to even attempt to develop her own identity. As we all know, GWB only wants 'yes' men (and women) around him.

Laurence said:
Oprah '08!!! Who's with me?

Hey, I'm with you, but she might consider it a step down in power!

I didn't vote for Bush, but I vaguely remember his marketing campaign slogans.

Something about restoring ethics to the job, no more nation building, smaller government, and an end to bipartisanship, wasn't it?

If he had executed on any of that, I probably would have been OK with the guy.

So whoever wins the next beauty contest election, let's make that Contract with America legally binding.

Wasn't going to weigh in on this but read this book and then decide what type President you want.

http://www.militaryink.com/books/2005/february/1400060346.htm

I worked in the very inner most sanctum of this and some of the stuff is mind boggling. In several ways but mainly what a precarious situation we have in the world and just how many bizzare ways this scary info can be twisted.

I would hate to have the responsibility of the Presidency.

wab said:
Something about restoring ethics to the job, no more nation building, smaller government, and an end to bipartisanship, wasn't it?

You mean traditional conservative republican values?

Out with that baby and bathwater, in with the gun nuts, bible thumpers, anti-gay and anti-immigration crowd.

Who doesnt like vote gaining hot buttons as a replacement for actual party planks?

I have a preference for a former active-duty soldier (not a chocolate soldier as we have now), preferably one who has had his ass shot off or has been a prisoner of war. Such men think a little harder about how our military is to be used. If you can find a woman with that background, good.

Ed,
I was in a bunker facility with thousands of intell people and when Bush was about to committ us to war and we were almost as one going "nooo, please, please don't do this".

I remember actually see people with the heads bowed just sick. We knew damn well it was all a farce. Now look how many troops have died for absolutely nothing.

OldAgePensioner said:
Now look how many troops have died for absolutely nothing.

i don't like the word troops. i think "they" started using this word when they changed the word bomb to ordnance.

to me, troops speaks more of some disposable, anonymous group, rather than to real individuals who matter. i don't think it says as much when we think troops died, as it does when we think a soldier was shot, a 21-year-old kid died, a whole group of kids in their 20s had their legs blown off. i think that speaks volumes more than saying some troops were injured or killed.

it used to be we dropped bombs on soldiers. now it's not even war.

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
I have a preference for a former active-duty soldier (not a chocolate soldier as we have now), preferably one who has had his ass shot off or has been a prisoner of war. Such men think a little harder about how our military is to be used.

Too bad we didn't have any of those running last election. Oh, wait...

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i don't like the word troops. i think "they" started using this word when they changed the word bomb to ordnance.

to me, troops speaks more of some disposable, anonymous group, rather than to real individuals who matter. i don't think it says as much when we think troops died, as it does when we think a soldier was shot, a 21-year-old kid died, a whole group of kids in their 20s had their legs blown off. i think that speaks volumes more than saying some troops were injured or killed.

it used to be we dropped bombs on soldiers. now it's not even war.

Congragrats to the modern media. We've not had a significant number (by WWII count) of casualties for decades. Viet Nam was below the radar by those standards. In WWII we had objectives. Now we have opinions.

Laurence said:
But yes, I'm at the point I will vote for whoever is furthest from the usual. Old White Man Senator/Govenor would be the usual, so I'm thinking good looking black woman business mogul.

Omarosa '08!!!!!!1

from http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1083768_2,00.html :

"I will definitely run for office. How could I not? Politics pumps in my veins. There is no limit. I could be president. I could be a senator. I could be a congresswoman. I could be mayor. Hell, I could serve on the PTA."

Attachments

• omgarosa.jpg
    omgarosa.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 85

I think you folks have missed the point.

Women do run the country.

And I have my wife's permission to say that.

I dont know about the country, but I can say with some authority that I'm not in charge around HERE.

Hell, I'm not sure i'm even in the top three...

Smart man Mr. Yaker's is... :D

I think you folks have missed the point.

Women do run the country.

And I have my wife's permission to say that.

Kathyet

I'm surprised that nobody's brought up the old joke about how we'd be going to war every 28 days! <ducking> :D

Hmmm, wonder why I'm single? ::)

Re: If Women Ran The Country--BOYS: DONT LOOK YOU WILL BE SORRY

Since this is a pointless thread. . . .

I read  (IIRC in the WSJ) that a birth control pill coming on the market soon will be a pill you take every day, so no more periods

In fact, the few days off for current birth control pills was never necessary, it was just to get women to think that the pill didn't really interfer with their normal cycles.  Turns out that they didn't tell us that the bleeding on the days off was withdrawl from pill bleeding, not the natural shedding of the uterus lining. 

Men!

EDIT: It looks like you are stuck with 4 a year: http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/09/04/new.birth.control/

Back
Top Bottom