Anyone in touch with OAP?

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This doesn't sound encouraging:

Last day of OAP

I leave SF soon, too soon.
But, I'll always be here in sunshine and in shadow.
In spirit there is no question.
Just something Wicked came my way.
Goodbye for just the moment that it takes,
To set myself right.

I've had some contact with him. He's OK.

I don't think he'd mind my saying that he's taking care of himself, and felt that the resources and comfort level he needed were not in SF.

Carpe diem.

Doesn't sound good........... :-[

I know little of him, but his blog is very human and interesting.

I hope he's ok............

Rich_in_Tampa said:

I don't think he'd mind my saying that he's taking care of himself, and felt that the resources and comfort level he needed were not in SF.

Carpe diem.

Thanks for the update................ :D

Glad to hear it, Rich. I got the impression that he was perhaps getting a little carried away with the whole bontemps roullez thing in SF.

Please keep us posted on OAP..... Sure hope he is okay. He was not thrilled with the medical treatment up in SF....

Rich_in_Tampa said:

Carpe diem.

I couldn't live in SF. It's just too cold there for everyday living. I'll take a warmer climate anyday.

He and I traded PMs early in the year.  I offered to give him the name of the medical team that treated my SIL in SF and a guy I know in Cleveland, but he already had the team he wanted.  I fear that the result of recent tests weren't good.

He really needs to be around friends/family who can look after him.  His mother lives in an eastern state, and he has a brother either in the mid-west or near the mom.  I hope he is near them.

Does anyone have the address for his blog?

I have been in contact with him as well. It appears the recent tests turned out to be non-cancerous. He is having tests done at one of the Mayo Clinics which one, I don't know. He appears to be in good spirits.

vagabond said:
It appears the recent tests turned out to be non-cancerous. He is having tests done at one of the Mayo Clinics which one, I don't know. He appears to be in good spirits.
What a relief! I, too, enjoy his blog (despite my Marge Simpson-like grumble about his interest in young Asian girls-). I hope his health & happiness improve, and that he resumes blogging soon. His distinctive take on the world and his online voice give me something worth thinking and feeling about every time I read it.

astromeria said:
(despite my Marge Simpson-like grumble about his interest in young Asian girls-)
Judging from the recent lack of that subject, I thought things weren't going well...

I thought his next stop was to live in AZ....There is a mayo clinic location there so might be where he is going...

Got my fingers crossed - his last blog post sounded enigmatic and mysterious - let's hope in a good way.

heh heh heh

Hi, and to all who care and offer encouragement, thankyou. I will give the latest straight from the horses mouth since I've privately chatted with a few posters. Things have been very dynamic and what I thought I knew one day, further results have negated.

I came to SF for cardiologist with great credentials. Cancer quickly reared it's ugly head and I seldom see anyone by my oncologists.

July 5, met with Oncologist.
July 12, complete bone scan and CT scan of abdomen.
--Findings, 2 cm mass on original cancerous kidney, 3 cm mass attached to psoas muscle along spine, 2 masses in lower right lung, 1 mass in liver (hummm), 2 nodules in upper left lung. Some "uptake" of radioactive dye in lower rib osseous material.
Aug 15, MRI of abdomen
--Comparison findings, all the same as above but mass attached to psoas muscle was fastest growing.
Sep 8, Needle Biopsy of Psoas muscle mass.
--Finding 10 cc of purulent material removed (pus) and real-time pathogist in operating room found bacterial infection.
Sep 9. Oncologist calls to say infection is serious "Glucose nonfermenting Gram negative rod". Stay close to hospital.
Sep 13. Oncologist confirms mocrobiology report of "Alkaline Pseudomonas" with preperation to be made for 2 week dual anti-biotic IV treatment. Delay due to lack of Interventional Radiologist to insert drainage. Again caution, stay near hospital "this infection can be fatal within 6 hours of entering the blood stream".

My last OAP blog post was because I was heading to Mayo in Rochester after much help and encouragement from a poster on this board who has been my rock. I should have been on a 6AM flight this morning but the oncologist said that it was very risky.

Just thought I'd post and make things clear. I'm as determined as ever. Will not bow myself to nothing.

Good luck man, this can't be easy even for a tough guy like yourself.

Ha

FWIW, OAP, you will be in my prayers. I hope I am as brave as you are when its my turn.

hey, good luck OAP....it's a good time of year to visit Rochester (before it gets cold).... ;)

OAP,

Glad to hear from you. I've been following your Blog from time to time. Sounds like you can't catch a break.

You sound strong, God bless you.

Joe

Hello there OAP-

Glad to see you post on the ER Forum again, and thanks for the update on your condition. I read your OAP Blog regularly - even have it on my DeskTop next to the ER Forum so that I can just click and keep up with your latest "adventures" and "experiences". Take care and keep up the good fight.

Toejam

Hey OAP Rochester is about the same Latitude as I am and we are going to have a great sunny fall day.
Good Luck
Bruce

We will all be watching for your posts when you return in full remission.

Good luck.

Thanks for checkin in OAP. Stay strong my friend.

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom