what is wrong with people?

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
Someone died in a residential fire Friday.

She was on oxygen and was smoking.

Khan said:

It's not uncommon. Nicotine is one of the most addicting drugs in the world. People who have had their larynx removed will smoke through their stoma (hole in their throat that they now breath through). Sad. :'(

Khan said:

I hear about this fairly often. You may as well soak yourself in gasoline and light up IMHO.

JG

img_449301_0_d90f78b099daa0c96aeead7264d8c067.gif

Khan said:
Another Darwin Award.

Has everyone seen the commercial of the urban cowboys singing about their smoking experiences?

Patrick said:
It's not uncommon. Nicotine is one of the most addicting drugs in the world. People who have had their larynx removed will smoke through their stoma (hole in their throat that they now breath through). Sad. :'(

My aunt was a nurse.
She quit smoking after observing the 'smoking through the stoma'.

When we lived in Chicago, somebody was smoking in a car while holding a jerry can of gasoline in their lap. Operative word: "was".

What a way to make the news.

Mr._johngalt said:
I hear about this fairly often. You may as well soak yourself in gasoline and light up IMHO.
JG

Nice quote, "Mr. Positive".............. :D :D :D

Patrick said:
People who have had their larynx removed will smoke through their stoma (hole in their throat that they now breath through). Sad. :'(

When I was a kid (forty years ago) one of my hospital roomates had a stoma, was on oxygen, and was smoking. I was only about 12 but knew better. I called the nurse and she said she couldn't stop him.

Mike D.

My mother kept smoking even after a major stroke and several minor ones. One day, my sister just took her cigarettes away. My mother complained for an hour or so, then stopped. By then, I think smoking was a habit, not an addiction. She never tried to smoke again. I suppose that the cumulative brain damage caused the neural circuitry just not to care anymore.

Back
Top Bottom