So, I guess we're having another one!

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My fiance just showed me an EPT and it was positive!

This will be child number 2, and if all goes as I planned, the last. I love my son, but I know I will want my house back in a few years! :)

The newest should be out of the house by the time I'm 42, which is when I will retire!

Wish me luck !!!

Congratulations Fed. I was 60 when my last son went out on his own. In many ways I think your approach is better.

Ha

Congrats. That's what we did as well. We had our kids when we were young, and paid the price of changing diapers while our childless friends were out partying. When we were in our mid 40s our kids were grown, and we had the means to do a lot of traveling and enjoying life while our friends were still raising theirs. Payback is sweet.

Congratulations! I was 25 when I had my first child and it would have been hard to have a child earlier since I was pretty immature, so I am glad that we waited. I had my second child 10 1/2 years later. I would have had my children closer in age, if I could do it over.

Congrats. Having just one runs me ragged. Two scares the bejeezus outta me.

Congrats. The best time is whatever age works for you. The most important thing is that he/she is wanted and cherished. The rest works itself out.

Congrats! Had my girl at 40. Makes ER problematic.

My fiance just showed me an EPT and it was positive!

This will be child number 2, and if all goes as I planned, the last. I love my son, but I know I will want my house back in a few years! :)

Two kids, and still a fiance? I know I'm from another period, but hey, what are you waiting for?

Congrats.

Congrats! Had my girl at 40. Makes ER problematic.

My friend got married (first time) last year at 50 and is planning to have children. Brave would be an under-adjectif to describe him.

Thanks for all the comments...we're pretty excited

And to the comment about marraige...she's not in a hurry, and neither am I. we've been together almost 8 yrs...but we dont really see the benefits of getting that piece of paper...we finally quieted the peanut gallery when our son was about 1...im sure it'll start all over again from grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, etc...lol

Congrats. I think you will find you have less energy for 18 business ventures and once...

When do you plan on tying the knot?

CONGRATS Fed!

How exciting for you both and your son :D

I really enjoyed the experience of #2 - #1 was quite overwhelming, #2 was more what I had imagined having a baby was (just enjoying the baby instead of all the contemplating what, when, how to do stuff)...

and now that the baby is a bit older, watching her bond and play w/ her big sis and brother is just too precious. the two girls hold hands in their car seats, give each other hugs and dance/sing together.

i very much appreciate the relationship i have w/ my siblings and am happy i was able to give that to my kids.

Thanks for all the comments...we're pretty excited

And to the comment about marraige...she's not in a hurry, and neither am I. we've been together almost 8 yrs...but we dont really see the benefits of getting that piece of paper...we finally quieted the peanut gallery when our son was about 1...im sure it'll start all over again from grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, etc...lol

I have heard that problems can arise if one of you are in the hospital and the hospital will only allow the immediate family in to visit. Also, make sure that you have your ducks in a row, in case of death, so that your children can get social security benefits on your record.

For some reason when I read the title of the thread, this popped into my mind:

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices an attractive woman waving at him. She says hello. He's rather taken aback because he can't place where he knows her from.

So he says, "Do you know me?"

She replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

His mind instantly flashes back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife...

"Oh God, are you the stripper from my bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery
?!?!"

She looks into his eyes and says calmly,
"No, I'm your son's first grade teacher."

Homemade Wipes

The Fed:

Thought you might like a cost saving recipe to make your own baby wipes. I actually found them easier to use than commercial ones.

Take a 10 cup straight-sided container (like Rubbermaid)

Add 1½ -2 cups of water, depending on how wet you like them. (I recommend 1¾ cups)

Add 1 tablespoon of baby bath (any brand - Baby Magic, Suave, etc.). Swoosh it around to mix it. (With a pump – it’s about 4 quick pumps)

Cut one roll of paper towels in half (do not use a serrated knife – it shreds). I use Bounty. Don’t use single-ply cheap towels, they fall apart. If you use an oversized roll, you need about 2 ¼ cups of water.

Place the half roll of paper towels in the container with the water and soap already in it. Cover and turn upside down. Let it stand 15-20 minutes.

Open the container. The cardboard core from the towels will pull out. Pull wipes from the center of the roll.

You can also get one of those small carrying cases that commercial products come in and fill it with your wipes, so you can carry them around.

The Fed:

Thought you might like a cost saving recipe to make your own baby wipes. I actually found them easier to use than commercial ones.

Truly practical advice. Let the marriage issue die; just be sure that baby's butt is clean, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :)

Ha

Congratulations. Just had my second daughter a week ago at 44. Still planning ER in 22 months;)

For anyone interested, I have one,--- "FREE, To a Good Home."
Call anytime, BR549!

Back
Top Bottom