what would you do with a few unlimited $$ purchases?

figner

Recycles dryer sheets
Ok all you LYBM-ers - if you had unlimited money to spend on a few items of your choosing, what would they be? I guess it's easier to limit it to just a few items, otherwise we might wind up with long lists of worthy charities (not that that's bad, but not quite what I'm aiming to ask here).

Here are mine:

Dream house designed just the way I like it in a great neighborhood. Still not a mcmansion though.

A really nice violin.

A well-outfitted wood shop.

Home renovations and/or additions built by someone other than ourselves.
I can't think of any greater fantasy than paying other people to paint.

The House, REW, the house! :)

Last edited:
A 50 foot cigarette boat with loud engines............:)

Aircraft carrier.

Congress.

Any major railroad in the US.

You did say unlimited, right?

A 454? Bestill my heart. Oh, a picture, please.
I don't think I realized until now that was your screen name.
How did I miss that? Such a cool car. Way more awesome than a Ferrari, but maybe not an aircraft carrier.

Oh yeah, and I'd buy a newbild Capesize. Can't seem to even figure out how to get myself on any size bulker for a tour, so if I had unlimited money I guess I'd buy myself one to play with.

You sir, haven't seen my 73 SS 454 4 speed.

I have not. Sadly, I lack the gene to truly appreciate American muscle. I grew up with a father who spent his life as a fan of European sports cars and passed it on to his son. I never developed the synapses in my brain to get me excited about muscle cars.

I'm not a hater, I just don't yet "get it" even though I wish I did. I do think I'm making progress in getting there because I'm learning to love Vettes.

And for those who might not understand how the sound from a car can be so intoxicating YouTube - FERRARI F430 in luxembourg doing a lot of noise

I'm trying to picture what one would do with an aircraft carrier...
Travel around the world doing occasional flyovers? Or is it the sheer joy of owning a really large cool piece of machinery? Host your own floating animal rescue?

I have not. Sadly, I lack the gene to truly appreciate American muscle. I grew up with a father who spent his life as a fan of European sports cars and passed it on to his son. I never developed the synapses in my brain to get me excited about muscle cars.

I'm not a hater, I just don't yet "get it" even though I wish I did. I do think I'm making progress in getting there because I'm learning to love Vettes.

I think if you put on a set of M&H slicks and popped the clutch at about 6K you'd get it real quick. Muscle cars don't usually turn quick like a sports car but they go straight real good.

I think if you put on a set of M&H slicks and popped the clutch at about 6K you'd get it real quick. Muscle cars don't usually turn quick like a sports car but they go straight real good.

I'm free most weekends

I'm trying to picture what one would do with an aircraft carrier...
Travel around the world doing occasional flyovers? Or is it the sheer joy of owning a really large cool piece of machinery? Host your own floating animal rescue?

What couldn't you do with one?

Example:

Go massively long crude oil futures and short the global equity markets and sail into the Strait of Hormuz. Act belligerent, take profits, and sail away saying, "oops, sorry."

Ok all you LYBM-ers - if you had unlimited money to spend on a few items of your choosing, what would they be? I guess it's easier to limit it to just a few items, otherwise we might wind up with long lists of worthy charities (not that that's bad, but not quite what I'm aiming to ask here).

Here are mine:

Dream house designed just the way I like it in a great neighborhood. Still not a mcmansion though.

A really nice violin.

A well-outfitted wood shop.

Ditto on the house (some variant on an Earthship).

DS3 / T3 Connection

Alien computer (or whatever is fastest)

Super comfortable office chair/recliner/desk/office with view of garden

Motor vehicle that gets 50+ mpg

Services of housekeeper and gardener and tailor and personal trainer

EarthRoamer
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

http://www.broadbandlocators.com/t3.php

I'd go with a house on the beach with a huge designer walk in closet and one of those pools that look like they are made of rock with waterfalls and lagoons .

Millenium Falcon.

Initially I thought X-wing fighter, but I'd want to bring friends along.

I'm trying to send some pictures and not sure this is going to work.

Attachments

• DSC01214.jpg
    DSC01214.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01208.jpg
    DSC01208.jpg
    726.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01206.jpg
    DSC01206.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 3
Nice car!

I want a private jet, oh, about Boeing 727 size, a Ferrari and a Rolls, an International Harvester pickup truck, one of those bus-sized RV's, lavishly equipped, a Harley, and a zero-maintenance house (or the staff to do all that sweaty work). And a cute French maid.

• Cruise Missile & target coordinates for Osama Bin Laden
  • Affordable private health insurance
  • Dow at 15,000+
  • More doctors than lawyers.
  • Hummer H2 with a gas card…

Back
Top Bottom