Anybody On Here Own a Honda Fit??

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just wondering if they are as nice as people rave about..........

A co-worker has one and is ecstatic about it. She loves the cargo capacity and the way you can rearrange it so odd shaped things will fit. She drives it all over, and to the next state to see her SO, and gets great gas mileage. She is a very sensible person so I tend to think this is an exceptionally good small car for her.

If you have kids, then I dunno. She lives alone and rarely has a passenger.

Neighbor has one nice small car. Mileage wise I would probably buy a civic. Get the 4 door with a trunk. Gives you plenty of room. The civic is a bit larger and gets better mileage. The fit should get 40+ all the time for its size but since it does not go with the tried and true civic. Friend gets over 40 with an LX 08 civic consistently.

I have 3 friends who have a Fit and they are all unanimous in liking the car.Only thing that stopped me from buying one was with 4 people in the car (and thats often) there isnt much room left for baggage.so it had to be a 4dr with a trunk for me (Yaris)

It looks good, but I will never buy a two door again. Even if you don't travel with four bodies often, it's convenient for putting stuff in and taking stuff out.

It looks good, but I will never buy a two door again.

The Fit only comes as a 5-door hatch.

I don't own one, but have test-driven one and liked it VERY much. It was a lot of fun to drive, and had tons of rooms inside for passengers. After researching it online, it seems the biggest drawback is that it doesn't make for a good freeway cruiser. If you have a commute that requires lots of freeway driving, it may not be the car for you.

My cellist has one and I've driven it and had to endure a long trip in it. Drives nice - but it's loud and the seats are intensely uncomfortable. She loves it but is 5'1" I'm 6 inches taller and it makes a difference. Specs are good, it's frugal on fuel but... the thought of having to sit in those seats for 5 - 10 years isn't pleasant.

Not much to look at in my opinion. But it probably has good mileage. Never drove one so can't comment on that.

I have a Wii fit does that count. :)

I have a Wii fit does that count. :)
GRRR!!!! :rant:

:2funny: Just joking, though I sure wish I had Wii Fit. I have been looking all over just for a Wii, so that I can get it set up and THEN have the "privilege" of looking for a Wii Fit. They sure are hard to find! Guess I will just continue to work out at the gym and forget about Wii, for now. :mad:

I spent 10 years tooling around in a 2400# car. Never again.

Neighbor has one nice small car. Mileage wise I would probably buy a civic. Get the 4 door with a trunk. Gives you plenty of room. The civic is a bit larger and gets better mileage. The fit should get 40+ all the time for its size but since it does not go with the tried and true civic. Friend gets over 40 with an LX 08 civic consistently.

I just replaced my Civic with a FIT. The FIT is deceiving because it looks so small from the curb but one you get inside it's much roomier than you would think. If you go look at one, have them show you how the seats can be moved around to maximize storage.

Funny how everyone's perspective is different. I travel frequently and just hate it when they give me an Expedition or some other big SUV for a rental car. It's like driving around a tank!! I loved the CIVIC too but wanted something a bit smaller.

By the way, I have no trouble with the seats or size and I am 6'1" and 230 lbs.

I spent 10 years tooling around in a 2400# car. Never again.

If you haven't driven a newer small car recently you might be surprised by the change. I used to drive a small 1.4L Renault LeCar and it went from 0 to 60 in about 22 minutes (and I never could get it over 60.).

They get so much more HP from smaller engines that driving a small car today feels more like a sports car with more agility and ability to maneuver than the standard big car.

Why not? As was pointed out in the 'If you were buying a car today...' thread, low weight and safety are not mutually exclusive.

Let's have a head-on collision at speed between my 4500# Honda Odyssey and your 2500# Fit. Sure you want to be in the smaller car?

If you haven't driven a newer small car recently you might be surprised by the change. I used to drive a small 1.4L Renault LeCar and it went from 0 to 60 in about 22 minutes (and I never could get it over 60.).

I had one of those! I loved that car, my husband thought the seats were the best we'd ever had in a small car. Mine was a stick shift. I know it went over 60 because I got my first speeding ticket in that car. We were crossing eastern Colorado and I got caught going 90 mph. I don't remember how long it took me to get to that speed ;)

I had a hissie once.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Never had one of those.
But my Honda fit. Hawk II motorcycle, 400cc.
So does my suburban fit a whole lotta things in it.
smiley.gif

Does this count as a thread hijack?

Let's have a head-on collision at speed between my 4500# Honda Odyssey and your 2500# Fit. Sure you want to be in the smaller car?

Based on that logic, why not get a Hummer?....you'll be even safer in that! One of the good things about the higher price of gas is that over time we'll have fewer people with your logic around.

GRRR!!!! :rant:

:2funny: Just joking, though I sure wish I had Wii Fit. I have been looking all over just for a Wii, so that I can get it set up and THEN have the "privilege" of looking for a Wii Fit. They sure are hard to find! Guess I will just continue to work out at the gym and forget about Wii, for now. :mad:

This is another side-effect of the weak dollar. These aren't that hard to find in Europe, which is where most of the supply is going. The strong Euro makes it more profitable to export into that market.

One of the good things about the higher price of gas is that over time we'll have fewer people with your logic around.

If the playing field were more level, I would be happy to drive a smaller car around. But there are a lot of 4000# and up vehicles on the road, and simple physics indicates that your chances are a lot better in a heavier vehicle if you get in a wreck. And higher gas prices long term would help, but the lifespan of a vehicle is over 10 years, so there will be great hulking SUVs on the roads for many years to come no matter what happens to sales of new ones in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom