BP down to 128/72

megacorp-firee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was watching a rerun of Oprah last night and saw Dr. Oz ... he said the most important indicator of longevity was a normal blood pressure. So I got my cuff out and took my bp. It was down from 'normal' 135ish/80 to 128/72. Which is what I had when I was in my 30's. After just a bit over 1 year in ER, I think that my low stress lifestyle (now that I'm no longer w*rking) is starting to pay off. I am also down to just 10 pounds over where I would like to be and my pants are starting to fall off (btw, not complaining >:D).

I am doing my back exercises religiously and my use of Aleve/Advil is down. From a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being 'just kill me, my back hurts so much', I am down to a .5 most days, maybe a 1 when the weather changes.

God this ER stuff is great! Now if only the market would cooperate :rolleyes:.

I was watching a rerun of Oprah last night and saw Dr. Oz ... he said the most important indicator of longevity was a normal blood pressure. So I got my cuff out and took my bp. It was down from 'normal' 135ish/80 to 128/72. Which is what I had when I was in my 30's. After just a bit over 1 year in ER, I think that my low stress lifestyle (now that I'm no longer w*rking) is starting to pay off. I am also down to just 10 pounds over where I would like to be and my pants are starting to fall off (btw, not complaining >:D).

I am doing my back exercises religiously and my use of Aleve/Advil is down. From a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being 'just kill me, my back hurts so much', I am down to a .5 most days, maybe a 1 when the weather changes.

God this ER stuff is great! Now if only the market would cooperate :rolleyes:.

Yes it's great!

BP down, weight down, arthritis pain down, no more tooth grinding...

I love hearing reports like this - thanks for sharing. Next weekend I get to decrement my countdown clock to 18 months. I can almost see the finishing line, problem is life is like a hurdle event, and any hurdle can bring you crashing to the ground.

My BP is down . My weight is down and my happiness level is up . What's not to like about retirement ?

Back
Top Bottom