do you weigh your high school weight?

I think I was 155# when I graduated HS. I'm about 25# over that now.

In high school I had reached my same max height, but was still filling out. So no not the same weight. College weight would be a better comparison, but that is still lot less than current. Funny thing, used to buy 32x36 jeans, now it's 36x32, and I may have lost 1/2 inch in height over the years.

I'm about 25 pounds under my HS weight. I put on another 25 as a young adult. Always had a weight problem until my late 40's when I thru diet and exercise I finally took off the weight for good.

I'm twice the man I was in HS. Well maybe 1.5. :) Same height but I've been up "almost" ~50% more in body weight at times.

Unfortunately, not even close to my high school weight. (To much good food and beer).

I entered high school around 5'6" and 140lbs. Graduated around 5'9" and 150lbs. After 2 years in college I was 5' 10' and 175lb, but the weight gain was mainly due to a regular weight lifting program with the football team. My peak "athletic" weight was 190.

About 8 or so years ago my weight had drifted up to around 200lbs, so I started eating better and being more focused on my exercise. I got down to under 170, and currently it fluctuates between 170 (summer) and 176 (winter). My doctors are fine with this. The last time my boy fat was measured, it was around 17%. I can wear the same waist size pants I wore in high school (32), but it is a tight fit on my thighs, so I wear a size 34.

Some of it is definitely attributable to genes. Both my parents were normal size, and my mother, after having 7 kids, actually weighed less than when she married my dad. All of my 6 siblings, ranging in age from 74 to 57, have active lifestyles and not have weight issues. So I cannot take much credit :).

I laughed to myself when I saw the title of this thread. Who could be the same weight as high school? I played on the school basketball team all through high school. Worked on the farm all summer. My friends mostly wrestled on the school team. I was 6'-4" and 165 pounds my senior year. I'm at 215 now. I gained 20 pounds within a year of graduation at college. I'm working on trying to lose 20 pounds. My friends that were wrestlers are way over their high school weights of course. A thyroid issue has been a big contributor to my weight gain. Think that's under control now.

4 years ago I lost 50lbs and got my bmi to 25 and my doctor was happy. I have always exercised daily. I was very thin in high school but we walked or rode bikes everywhere.

I think I was 155# when I graduated HS. I'm about 25# over that now.

Same for me. In the intervening 57 years, I've been as high as 195 and as low as 148. I've lost an inch in height also. As was at 175 last summer, my goal for this summer is 170

Last edited:
NO, and I would not want to be, I was an unhealthy anorexic teen.

Although now I am an overweight older lady!
There was a happy medium in my 30's, pregnancies/kids/life stress got in the way.

Most important, I eat healthier than before retirement, do exercise more than I did, and generally feel way better now, even carrying extra pounds.

I'm within a few lbs of my HS graduation weight. I gained about 15 lbs of muscle in my legs when I was running marathons in my early 30s, but those days are long gone.

I don't know that we had a scale when I was in high school. Although, I know that I don't weigh the same. I was very thin. I married at 19 and my weight fluctuated between 98 and 102 lbs. I had my son in 1978. I remember going to the doctor's office in the early 80's and he wanted to know why I had lost weight. I weighed 93 lbs then. I smoked and I had bronchitis. I last smoked in 12/31/85.

My weight did go up when I was working and I had my DD at 35 yrs old. I believe the highest was around 135 lbs. I knew that was too much for me at 5ft 1in, so I lost. I weighed 116 lbs this morning.

I am 70 and soon to be 71, so I do not want to lose any weight. I believe that I was 111lbs at my last doctor's appt and she told me that I should not go any lower. I have osteopenia and I am a small boned white female, so I am fine with weighing around 116lbs.

I wish...but I wouldn't have expected to. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Maybe I'll get in better shape this year, like I have every 20 years - 30, 50 &... :cool:

I weigh less than when I was in high school. Lifestyle changes helped me reach my goal weight in college. I’ve maintained that for over 35 years. Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise are key.

yo yo yo where's the jello?

^ the story of my recent weight history. I sneaked up on that HS weight in 2017.
Since then? forgetabout it.

I weighed 150 (6-1 male) when graduating in 1989.

I now weigh 162. Hopefully more muscle.

I was probably a bit underweight, but fine for 18.

BMI 20, 21 and 22 are where you are not adding any additional risk (Under weight or over weight adds risk on a sliding scale.

I have 3 daughters. It is rough out there. Most likely will never see their HS graduation weight again.

I was very thin in high school. I was a long-distance runner and had a very high metabolism. Eventually, I filled out and I'm currently at my ideal healthy weight.

I am back at my high school weight after slowing gaining just a bit in my 50's. It feels great, and shopping for clothes is fun, but it takes daily re-committing, weighing in, and keeping track of calories. So it's far from easy, but still, I like the results more than I miss the food.

For the most part I practice a 16/8 fasting pattern, which lets me enjoy one 'normal' meal a day, a pattern that both my spouse and our social life circle much appreciates.

Yes, I weigh what I weighed in high school. I am in my mid-70s and lost about 35 pounds in the past three years (deliberately) via diet and exercise (who would have thought it). I feel better and most measurements, such as blood pressure and pulse are great. Now if I can just avoid getting hit by a truck!!

In high school I had reached my same max height, but was still filling out. So no not the same weight. College weight would be a better comparison, but that is still lot less than current. Funny thing, used to buy 32x36 jeans, now it's 36x32, and I may have lost 1/2 inch in height over the years.

There that joke that says, I'm wearing my John Deere tractor pants today 4230's. Lol

I was the same in pants size @ one time, now I'm back to 32X36.

I was a wrestler in high school, sucking weight for four years. No chance of making the same weight today.

I forgot to ask doctor today if that was really a thing that you were supposed to stay close to it that size.

I was kind of irritated doc did not congratulate me on my (small) weight loss. I had kind of thought it would be a thing like you know lowered your risk of whatever. I had to point it out as it related to one of my questions though was not the primary purpose of visit.

I think doctors have so little time to spend with well patients that they don't even notice such things any more. Last year, I dropped several pounds without meaning to, was really too thin, and nobody said a thing at my physical, even though weight loss on a thin person can mean bad things. (I gained it back this year).

I forgot to ask doctor today if that was really a thing that you were supposed to stay close to it that size.

I was kind of irritated doc did not congratulate me on my (small) weight loss. I had kind of thought it would be a thing like you know lowered your risk of whatever. I had to point it out as it related to one of my questions though was not the primary purpose of visit.

OMG, the stories my Mom used to tell about my much-older brother, starving himself and running laps to make wrestling weight! She was afraid he'd fall over from hunger. I don't understand how athletes can perform when they're eating 800 calories a day or whatever.

I was a wrestler in high school, sucking weight for four years. No chance of making the same weight today.

I am exactly the same weight that was shown on my drivers license which I got when I turned 16. (weight used to be shown on your drivers license, not anymore)

Back
Top Bottom