do you weigh your high school weight?

10 lbs would be too much for me (face gets round) but I'd take 4 more lbs muscle and 1 pound of subcutaneous fat to smooth out the muscle, if I could get them. And I work out a lot. Just can't seem to eat enough protein - I don't like to cook meat.

I would welcome another 10lbs if it were muscle.

I too wrestled all 4 years of HS (95, 95, 103, & 112) and then 2 years in college at 118. So I lived on a scale for 6 years, finished school at 130, and am now 160.

I too wrestled all 4 years of HS (95, 95, 103, & 112) and then 2 years in college at 118. So I lived on a scale for 6 years, finished school at 130, and am now 160.

I wrestled in high school too, 119 freshman year, 130/135 (depending on which weight the better wrestler on the varsity team than me made for that day) senior year. These days I weigh ~200lbs, which is overweight, but I'm not sure I can get back to my lowest adult weigh (142.5) again healthily, I think I'm just bigger than I was. Kind of expect to bottom out somewhere around 160 this time (currently losing weight after hitting a lifetime high last summer after my exercise and diet fell apart for a year and a half), but we will see. :p

I was smaller all around in HS. Got bigger after HS and joining the military. After bootcamp I know I was down to 145 to 149lbs. I weigh around 169 today...but I can get down to 150 if I want to. Its not easy but I can.

My ideal weight is 150 to 190lbs. My peak was 203lbs right before I stopped drinking alcohol.

Not consistently, but I do workout, jog, run and have a fairly active lifestyle. Rolled my ankle 2x in 2023 but I kept going and got into almost peak physical physique last year.

Last edited:
I wrestled in high school too, 119 freshman year, 130/135 (depending on which weight the better wrestler on the varsity team than me made for that day) senior year. These days I weigh ~200lbs, which is overweight, but I'm not sure I can get back to my lowest adult weigh (142.5) again healthily, I think I'm just bigger than I was. Kind of expect to bottom out somewhere around 160 this time (currently losing weight after hitting a lifetime high last summer after my exercise and diet fell apart for a year and a half), but we will see. :p

My son was brutally skinny in HS - wrestled 103 his frosh year, then 112, then 135 (after he started lifting), and finished at 152, in 1995. Now almost 30 years later, he's still about the same weight and still lifts (with his 2 boys who are on the same varsity HS team this year, a frosh at 106 and junior at 120).

I was thin as a rail in High school. About 105lbs soaking wet and 5ft 8 I was underweight quite a bit. I was allowed to join the Army after high school but had to put on weight during basic as a condition of my entry. So there were people on the fat-boy program, I was on the opposite one. I gained 25 lbs during basic training and another 10 to 15 during my MOS training. I weighed about 150 after that, and lost some after getting to my duty station, but have stayed around 150 - 160 since then.

I am back down to my high school weight, but not by choice. Had a quadruple bypass last June and gallbladder was removed last August. Lost 20 lbs and am still skin and bones. The low sodium diet isn't helping to gain back any weight. During physical therapy, other guys were complaining about the same - that they couldn't gain any weight.

Very sorry to hear that. I hope you find a way to gain your weight back. Perhaps you can start a new thread on how to gain your weight back. Some folks here may have some experience/insight.

Doctor has never mentioned my weight but I decided to lose weight last year. Lost 40 lbs. Doc was "concerned" even though I told him exactly how I did it. He said if I lost any more he'd have to "do" something. (He mentioned CT scan to look for cancer as possibility.)

I still have many pounds to get to HS weight. I'm tempted to just tell the doc to stick his stethoscope in his pocket and let me lose what I want. It's my body. I guess we'll see what happens.

I’m up 20lbs over my high school weight. And waist is up by 2 inches.

I’m a competitive cyclist (mountain, gravel road, cyclocross). Riding up my local hills would be so much easier without the extra 20 lbs!!!

At BMI = 19 I'm probably pretty close to my high school weight.

May 2024 will be the 20-year anniversary of my May 2004 "weight loss experiment", when I dropped from BMI = 22 to 19 over five months just to see what it was like to be on the low end of what the CDC considers healthy. I liked it so much that I've never gone back. This experiment was prompted by mega-corp demanding that I go on medication due to borderline high blood pressure. I haven't had any problem with blood pressure since.

Just today for the first time ever I went searching for a photo of a healthy "older" male body to supplement the photo of a morbidly obese man that I've used for years as inspiration (the self-talk: you definitely DON'T ever want to live inside a body LIKE THAT). I found a good photo online. Recently I've been discouraged by how little I'm "allowed" to eat to maintain a BMI = 19 body as an "older" male (basically, one major meal per day is sufficient). I hope that the new photo will provide additional inspiration.

BTW: how many human males make it into their low 60s with zero chronic physical or mental health conditions of any kind? I've been thinking about creating a meetup group for exceptionally healthy older folks. Unfortunately, when my first chronic medical condition emerges I would have to drop out of my own group. :(

BTW: how many human males make it into their low 60s with zero chronic physical or mental health conditions of any kind? I've been thinking about creating a meetup group for exceptionally healthy older folks. Unfortunately, when my first chronic medical condition emerges I would have to drop out of my own group. :(

Depends on how you define chronic.

I am 80 and have nothing wrong with me except I take one pill to help with urine flow (Flowmax generic). Otherwise, I go to the doc one per year for my annual physical, hit the gym three times per week, and play golf once or twice per week, weather permitting. Oh, I also walk 10,000 steps per day to stay in shape..

A few of my mid to late 70's aged friends are about like me, health wise.

... A few of my mid to late 70's aged friends are about like me, health wise.

That's great! Now that I'm "old" I appreciate good health so much more than when I was younger and could pretty much take it for granted. :)

That's great! Now that I'm "old" I appreciate good health so much more than when I was younger and could pretty much take it for granted. :)

Keep working at staying healthy, especially after 60, when it gets harder to maintain muscle mass. One key is to keep moving, and eat the right foods.

At BMI = 19 I'm probably pretty close to my high school weight.

May 2024 will be the 20-year anniversary of my May 2004 "weight loss experiment", when I dropped from BMI = 22 to 19 over five months just to see what it was like to be on the low end of what the CDC considers healthy. I liked it so much that I've never gone back. This experiment was prompted by mega-corp demanding that I go on medication due to borderline high blood pressure. I haven't had any problem with blood pressure since.

Just today for the first time ever I went searching for a photo of a healthy "older" male body to supplement the photo of a morbidly obese man that I've used for years as inspiration (the self-talk: you definitely DON'T ever want to live inside a body LIKE THAT). I found a good photo online. Recently I've been discouraged by how little I'm "allowed" to eat to maintain a BMI = 19 body as an "older" male (basically, one major meal per day is sufficient). I hope that the new photo will provide additional inspiration.

Depends on how you define chronic.

I am 80 and have nothing wrong with me except I take one pill to help with urine flow (Flowmax generic). Otherwise, I go to the doc one per year for my annual physical, hit the gym three times per week, and play golf once or twice per week, weather permitting. Oh, I also walk 10,000 steps per day to stay in shape..

A few of my mid to late 70's aged friends are about like me, health wise.

Always be thankful for good genetics and avoiding the habits some of our parents - maybe ;).

My mother will soon be 87. Smoked most of her adult life, energetic, wound-up lady. Slowed down after hitting 80, not moving much now, but no respiratory problems. Kidney and skeletal problems likely compounded by smoking, though. Out lived her hard drinking, no-filter Camel smoking father (61) and mother with Alzheimer's (72).

Hope to make it that long, only 20+ years to go to beat the house. Zero meds, can hold 140-150 bpm on a bicycle for over an hour, several times a week. Pulling that off at off at 64, I expect something else will get me. Thanks, Mom!

Me so far (I'm 61). No health problems, no aches and pains, no meds required. I'm still strong enough to do 19 or 20 consecutive chinups and 60-70 pushups.

I'm about 10-15 lbs heavier now compared to HS, now 5'10", 155 lbs. I was very lean back in high school (135-140 lbs) and I wouldn't want to be that lean/slim today. I was on the wrestling team and at one point during my senior year I dropped down to 119 lbs to "make weight". Do I wish I could still be slim around my stomach/waist area"? For sure, but I will wouldn't want to be as "skinny" as I was in high school. I accept the fact that at age 67, my body has changed and it's a lot more difficult to stay slim, even though I still work out every day.

I'm about 10-15 lbs heavier now compared to HS, now 5'10", 155 lbs. I was very lean back in high school (135-140 lbs) and I wouldn't want to be that lean/slim today. I was on the wrestling team and at one point during my senior year I dropped down to 119 lbs to "make weight". Do I wish I could still be slim around my stomach/waist area"? For sure, but I will wouldn't want to be as "skinny" as I was in high school. I accept the fact that at age 67, my body has changed and it's a lot more difficult to stay slim, even though I still work out every day.
I'm 6'2" and about 180 lbs. Will be 65 in about a month. Pretty active. I was 133 lbs in high school.:LOL:
Would never want that now but probably could lose about 5 -6 lbs around the mid section. Walk the dog about 20 miles per week and climb my local mountain once a week. very strenuous hike 1800 feet elevation gain in only 1.9 miles. Try to maintain 130-140BPM when climbing up. Can do it in 1 hour +/-. We eat reasonably healthy but there is always room for improvement. :)

Back
Top Bottom