Some Companies that have RAISED their dividends:

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
CPB
LMT
MCD
NSM
TXN
TYC
VZ

I have owned Campbells Soup for years for my clients, and have made decent money over the years. Folks are buying alot of soup these days.........:)

Thanks for the tip... It'd be nice for something else to be in hot water (soup don't ya know) besides yours truly. :D

told some family alread to look at VZ and GE at $22 and $16 respectively when we get a bottom

don't know if Pfizer raised dividends but it was also on my list. for now my first choise is VZ

I've been looking at VZ, but from your list I liked CPB the best.

Also raising dividends this year (among stocks I own) :

ITW
JNJ
KIM
KO
MMM
PG
SYY

I love Illinois Tool Works, they have been folllowing an acquisition strategy similar to what Tyco did in the 90's,except without the lying and thieving CEO at the helm........;)

Also (since August)
FO
MSFT (low yield though)
O

I like the idea of CPB. Will have to check into it, thanks for mentioning it!

Last edited:
Uhhh, I don't think anyone mentioned CMP?

I like MMM as well. Looks like it should at least retrace to $72 or so. JMO

I see that ASHW (ashworth) was bought by Adidas on Monday, for $1.90 a share. I had a feeling this was going to happen back at the end of September, because a friend of mine works there.

Look slike Adidas got the company for almost nothing.......

Had breakfast yesterday with a fund manager from American Funds. His comment was that they are looking and re-evaluating any and all stocks that pay dividends.

Prudent thing to do in times like these.
Morningstar has done this quite a bit lately as well.
Wish I had a much larger stake in CMP:) But they didn't fit the category of stocks that raised their dividend since August, so I didn't list them.

Had breakfast yesterday with a fund manager from American Funds. His comment was that they are looking and re-evaluating any and all stocks that pay dividends.

How old was this guy in 1948 when I first saw the Norwegian widow by the mailbox?

Seems to me - now's the the time to be contarian - growth stocks that don't pay dividends.

Baaa - lemmings!

heh heh heh - :D that's a little Norwegian joke. ;)

How old was this guy in 1948 when I first saw the Norwegian widow by the mailbox?

Seems to me - now's the the time to be contarian - growth stocks that don't pay dividends.

Baaa - lemmings!

heh heh heh - :D that's a little Norwegian joke. ;)

I'd guess this guy wasn't born in 1948 yet. However, he was commenting about how in 1942, it was the time to be buying and they've learned from the past. With this company, it is multi management of their funds, and most of the managers have years of experience. In fact, I think their AVERAGE manager has 27 years or so.

Sooo - stay in touch with this guy to get the low/no dividenders that are getting trashed P/E wise but are still growing through thick and thin because they are good businesses.

Right?

heh heh heh - and be sure and tell us. ;)

It doesn't appear to me that dividends have protected from share-price declines. Maybe they have done so; do you have any data compiled?

Ha

dividend rates have been a lot higher in the past, this might just be a reversion to the mean

Good point. Although I don't believe so, I would love to see dividend rates stay near the current yields as the market recovers.

Sooo - stay in touch with this guy to get the low/no dividenders that are getting trashed P/E wise but are still growing through thick and thin because they are good businesses.

Right?

heh heh heh - and be sure and tell us. ;)

We will.......:D Those fund managers play pretty good Texas Hold-em on their picks a lot of the time........;)

dividend rates have been a lot higher in the past, this might just be a reversion to the mean

I am waiting for the breathless "guru" to appear and tell us about 20% yields on their "favorite stocks". Funny how simple math makes people believe foolish things.

the monthly issue of my newsletter came out this morning and they have DJIA dividends going back almost 100 years as part of it.

The average since around 1900 has been above 3%. 2000 the DJIA was at around 1.5%. Last year's DJIA peaked at a 3% dividend yield which has been the peak at previous bear markets where stocks would lose value until dividends went up.

Average bear market bottom has been 6% to 7% dividend yield for the DJIA. 1932 was almost 15% dividend yield. some of the smaller bears have bottomed at 4% to 5% yield.

Historically the DJIA has peaked when the dividend yield fell to 3% so there is an argument that we can go lower or stay at this level for a long time until dividends go back up to historical averages

Back
Top Bottom