Superbowl Commercial

Thanks to DVR, I don't have to watch the commercials.

ha

I don't normally watch commercials either, but we do watch the Superbowl ones. That horse retriever one was cute. I also liked the one with the Crystal Ball.

The two guys that did the 'Free Doritos' were on TV yesterday. Commercial cost the $2,000 to produce! They used their friends in the commercial. One of the largest expenses, $400 bucks for the vending machine. They had 5 panes of glass, broke all five, and the commercial used the first one. They won $1M in some kind of Superbowl Commercial contest. Neither were professionals in the advertising business.

Maybe it's because we are retired, but both DW and I said 'What a waste of money!' Guess it wasn't.

In that Hyundai commercial where all these Japanese and European auto execs are screaming in agony about Hyundai, did anyone else notice the conspicuous absence of any portrayal of GM or Ford executives suffering? I guess that would have been a little too politically correct in today's economic/social climate...

I actually thought most of the commercials were sort of lame this year. Nothing on the line of the old Budwiser frogs. That was some great advertising!

If I had to pick one I guess it would be Ed McMahon selling his gold toilet (goodbye old friend!) and Hammer selling his big gold medallion with the picture of him wearing a big gold medallion in the Cash4Gold commercial.

If it doesn't involve beer or football - I ain't interested.

And even some of those are less than inspirational.

heh heh heh - 4th quarter was pretty good - game wise. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom