Curvy gals: our time has come!!!

Y'all have never been out of style with some of us!

Hurray! No more cutting back on the bread and cheese(my dual weaknesses). "Rubenesque" I like the sound of it...sort of like "reuben" my favorite sandwich, which I usually bypass on the menu in favor of a boring chopped salad with fat-free vinaigrette dressing.

"Statuesque" is the term I prefer.

Or, as one my high school guy friends would holler:

"Ooh la la, you with so many curves, and I with no brakes!"

I LOVE the men on this forum! :smitten:.........well, some of them...

"Statuesque" is the term I prefer.

Prefer "Statuesque = having a tall and shapely form" x 2 here. :D

The too thin young woman tends to become the osteoporosis stricken woman later in life, unless they exercise to counter that tendency.

What bothers me today is so many of the ladies I see in public are getting so heavy they have trouble walking, and some are still young. What are they thinking? :nonono:

FYI, here's an interesting discussion of female body shape
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

I'm ecstatic!!! Not only am I finally back in style, I'll never get osteoporosis...whatta life!!!
Was talking about Angelina Jolie's beauty today with the dental hygenist. So beautiful is her face, but she's just too darn bony thin and unhealthy looking. I'm surprised she carried those twins to term. I want to bring her home and feed her a good meal when I see photos of her lately. But what a naturally beautiful face....very rare to find.

As soon as someone tells me something is "in" I'm never able to achieve it. This one I think I can do! "The girls" are glad to be popular again :)

I'm ecstatic!!! Not only am I finally back in style, I'll never get osteoporosis...whatta life!!!
Was talking about Angelina Jolie's beauty today with the dental hygenist. So beautiful is her face, but she's just too darn bony thin and unhealthy looking. I'm surprised she carried those twins to term. I want to bring her home and feed her a good meal when I see photos of her lately. But what a naturally beautiful face....very rare to find.

Twins? I need to catch up on my National Enquirer reading. I know this has nothing to do with body type but I wonder what all those tattoos will look like in the nursing home.

I'm sorry - but Angelina Jolie's lips make me barf. DH concurs. Are you sure those lips are natural? Doesn't look like it.

If they are, I take back the barf part and replace it with - too bad!

Audrey

I'm sorry - but Angelina Jolie's lips make me barf. DH concurs. Are you sure those lips are natural? Doesn't look like it.

If they are, I take back the barf part and replace it with - too bad!

Audrey

I think she is one of the few celebrities that can claim her lips to be real. If you see photos of her as a child her lips were rather luscious even at a young age.

Hmmm - well I'll have to get used to her lips then. Thanks for enlightening me.

Audrey

Anything fattening--lotsa calories!!! That girl needs some more meat on those little puny anorexic arms. Have you seem her arms and collarbone? Yikes...she looks like she is starving now with all those sharp bones poking out
But, again, to me, she has one of the rarest naturally beautiful faces I've ever seen personally. Lips are real if you ever saw a photo of her at about 10-12 y.o. She was just a natural beauty always. Lucky gal...and so great to see someone that beautiful that isn't incredibly vain or, more important, stupid like so many beauties seem to be. She may be somewhat out-there at times, but I think she's a pretty sharp cookie underneath it all. Smart and beautiful's a good combination.

I LOVE the men on this forum! :smitten:.........well, some of them...
Bbmail: I think ALL of us are rather gallant and appreciative of our female colleagues:). Well, on some occassions you get a few digs....:D

Yesterday, the girl who was on the cover of the latest Sport Illustrated Swimsuit Edition was on the "Ellen Show" (a rerun). She said that when she was told that she got the gig, "Not to stop eating or do extra exercises to lose weight. They wanted her to be 'curvier.'" Ellen, looking incredulous, stated the obvious, "You're 'Curvier'?"

I guess bones are mostly curved.

You got me really curious to see what she looked like, so I found this. She is maybe a whole 5-7 lbs.* fatter than the gals they normally have on the cover (I have a hetero son, so I see these things yearly..ha!). She actually looks like a real girl to me:

The Cover - 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition - SI.com

*5-7 lbs. more weight would be a realllllllly big deal to SI editors I'm sure. They probably think they've done something really progressive now.

Back
Top Bottom