The day the earth stood still.

NYEXPAT

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was watching the Anonymous video about erasing the NYSE from the internet on Oct 10 and could not help thinking of one of my favorite childhood movies!

Great flick. I don't think the earth will stand still on 10/10. What do you think they have planned, if anything?

It will stand still on 11/11/11 at 11:11.

Great flick. I don't think the earth will stand still on 10/10. What do you think they have planned, if anything?
From what I understand (not much) this is the group that is supposed to take over wikileaks. I believe they are doing this in support of the "Occupy Wall Street" that has been going on in various cities the last few weeks and is now just starting to get organized (Michael Moore & Susan Sarandon recently tried to get some coverage) and labor unions are offering support and financing.

The group Anonymous has been somewhat successful in the past with denial of service attacks on various websites. They claim it will be a day that will never be forgotten, so I imagine they intend to shut down the entire NYSE computer system for the day. I don't have a "dog in this fight" but it should be interesting to say the least!

Back
Top Bottom