Daylight savings time begins Sunday at 2am

Fortunately I just woke up from a nap to see this reminder.

I'm gonna set my clocks ahead now.

That way when I wake up in the morning, I won't feel so behind :)

I just finished setting.

No wonder I'm so hungry :LOL:

Just finished setting all of mine in the house. (and changed the batteries in my smoke alarms - which I do when the time changes like this twice year) Will do the cars tomorrow.

Snarl....

oh wait, I've been FIREd for almost 6 years. Never mind.

Long ago and far away, when I was chasing a paycheck and fame ;), the transition to DST caused grumpiness for me. Sleep and I have always been very good friends. :D

Bumping this old thread to remind everyone of the time change this week-end.

Ugh.....I hate time changes. Takes me several days to get comfortable with it.

And all of a sudden the US mainland flights start arriving on Hawaii one hour earlier! Magic!

I wish they would just abandon the whole concept of DST.

Actually, that would be bad for the economy and food supply. There is a very good reason for it.

The government decided to give the farmers an additional hour of daylight in an effort to boost crop production. Soon after it was implemented, the extra hour of daylight helped crop yields by an average of ~6-7% more, than without the extra hour of daylight. Some people even think that an additional hour would even be better, and want to set the clocks forward by two hours.

On a macro level, it has helped reduce potential food shortages and increased grain production. That extra grain is used for feed and much of it can be exported to other countries.

Even the cows grow a bit faster with the extra hour as they can eat longer. Imagine an extra hour a day just to eat and grow. It really makes a difference when you multiply the effect over millions of cattle.

While it is an inconvenience with TV shows, remember how much better your life, and grocery bill, is because of it.

I remember caring about DST, back when I worked.

24mwzgo.jpg

Actually, that would be bad for the economy and food supply. There is a very good reason for it.

The government decided to give the farmers an additional hour of daylight in an effort to boost crop production. Soon after it was implemented, the extra hour of daylight helped crop yields by an average of ~6-7% more, than without the extra hour of daylight. Some people even think that an additional hour would even be better, and want to set the clocks forward by two hours.

On a macro level, it has helped reduce potential food shortages and increased grain production. That extra grain is used for feed and much of it can be exported to other countries.

Even the cows grow a bit faster with the extra hour as they can eat longer. Imagine an extra hour a day just to eat and grow. It really makes a difference when you multiply the effect over millions of cattle.

While it is an inconvenience with TV shows, remember how much better your life, and grocery bill, is because of it.

That was fantastic!

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Every study I've ever read showed at best a marginal upward tick in any economic and social factors attributable to DST. And nobody anywhere gets an extra hours of daylight. The planet earth does that automatically. Moving the clock just rearranges the timing. the amount is the same. The crops get the same amount of sun no matter what.

You're kidding, right? :cool:

Everyone knows the weather always warms right after DST, with that extra hour of sunlight and all.

+1 And then all those stupid devices that think they know to change automatically, and they miss it by a week or two. So you change them back, then have to do it again in two weeks.

DST isn't fooling anyone, ditch it!

-ERD50

+1 And then all those stupid devices that think they know to change automatically, and they miss it by a week or two. So you change them back, then have to do it again in two weeks.

DST isn't fooling anyone, ditch it!

-ERD50

It was the same Sunday morning for 20 years and then congress expanded the DST by about a month in 2007 so everything with the built in automatic changer of DST before that date, means you get to change it twice :(

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish we'd stay on DST year-round (that is, just adjust all timezones 1 unit to the left). I much prefer having that extra daylight at the end of the day than in the morning. It's always depressing in the fall when we switch back to normal time. It was already getting dark too early, and then all of a sudden it gets dark WAAAY too early. You go to work, it's dark, you get home from work, it's already dark again. It wears on you.

Back
Top Bottom