No Single Supplement

A good deal for singles...who are willing to take a chance that the Carnival ship won't break...

Wow - I bet you two are a lot of fun to hang out with....

I love to cruise, I just won't cruise on Carnival. Its not that every cruise on Carnival will be a disaster, but the odds are in your favor.

I love to cruise too, and I am single, but I wouldn't take a chance on Carnival. My travel agent found me a European river cruise with no single supplement for Spring 2014. I think this will be more to my liking.

You might have missed this story in the news this week:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...l-rats-headed-british-shore-article-1.1588832

An abandoned cruise liner teeming with inbred cannibal rats is adrift in the Atlantic Ocean and possibly about to run aground on Britain’s coastline, according to a new report.

The Lyubov Orlova has been drifting east from Canadian waters since last year.

I would wager this may be a hoax or not 100 percent true, but the story caught my eye as it has been picked up by lots of news sources. What a great movie if a luxury liner "rescued" it and hi jinks ensue....

(I have enjoyed 5 cruises so far, FYI.)

:)

We've been on a half-dozen cruises. All were great except the last one, which was on Carnival. Soured me not only on that particular cruise line but on cruises in general. DW still wants to go on an Alaskan cruise and I'm reluctant but may end up being persuaded.

:)

We've been on a half-dozen cruises. All were great except the last one, which was on Carnival. Soured me not only on that particular cruise line but on cruises in general. DW still wants to go on an Alaskan cruise and I'm reluctant but may end up being persuaded.

We did an Alaskan cruise last August and loved it. The weather was beautiful for all but one day, and even then we were still outside but had to wear raincoats. The scenery is majestic in Alaska and we saw plenty of whales, orcas, eagles and sea lions. Let your DW talk you into it, you'll bee glad you did.

Which cruise line?

We were on Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas. We love Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and mostly cruise with them. I was hesitant to go Alaska because I like to cruise for a winter escape from the cold and had been to Alaska while in the service. But my DW wanted to go so I surprised her for her birthday. We had a great time and may go back again in a few years. This fall we're doing Canada and New England. Next year, the Mediterranean.

REWahoo, we went to Alaska on princess cruise lines in August 2012. I recommend that cruise line. We did the land/sea trip, flying to Anchorage and 4 days later, boarded the ship in Whittier. If anyone does land and sea we recommend doing land first, then get on the ship and rest (eat).

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

In August 2003 I did 7 day an Alaska cruise (Vancouver - Vancouver) on RCL's Radiance of the Seas and loved it. I presume they have updated the ship in the intervening 10.5 years. We had a window but no balcony, and this was fine for Alaska as once you leave the Inside Passage it gets chilly!

In January 2012 I did a 10 day Ultimate Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Equinox and also loved it. It was great to have a balcony in the Caribbean.

I read this morning (on cruisecritic) that Carnival is offering quite a few cruises this Spring with no single supplement charges.
https://

I've wondered about single supplements....... If there isn't one, can a couple traveling together get two adjacent rooms for the same price as one room? Or would two single rooms each be smaller? I was thinking in terms of having the second room, if it was free and the rooms were still double rooms, for the extra bath and closet.

I've wondered about single supplements....... If there isn't one, can a couple traveling together get two adjacent rooms for the same price as one room? Or would two single rooms each be smaller? I was thinking in terms of having the second room, if it was free and the rooms were still double rooms, for the extra bath and closet.

Few cruise ships have specific rooms for singles. I think Norwegian may have them. If a couple wanted to book two rooms, each person would have an independent booking. However, there probably would be no guarantee of getting adjacent rooms.

Few cruise ships have specific rooms for singles. I think Norwegian may have them. If a couple wanted to book two rooms, each person would have an independent booking. However, there probably would be no guarantee of getting adjacent rooms.
My dad and I solved the 'adjacent rooms' problem just a few hours ago. We could have called an agent, but then the price would have been higher (onboard credit was only for internet bookings). We just got on a telephone call while we both went to the cruise line web site. Dug around a bit in the 'select room' portion of booking, found a couple of adjacent rooms, agreed who would be fore and who would be aft, then clicked at the same time, hehe!

Back
Top Bottom