What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airlines change the flight schedule so our 1 hour layover becomes a 4 1/2 hour layover and I get online to change the flight to something more reasonable and the it doesn't work online so I have to call in.

Luckily, I had checked out the flight options and availability because the first change offered wasn't as good as what I had in mind.... I say 'Well what about flight 238?" and she says, oh yeah... we can do that.

Luckily, I had checked out the flight options and availability because the first change offered wasn't as good as what I had in mind.... I say 'Well what about flight 238?" and she says, oh yeah... we can do that.

Always try and sell yesterday's produce first. :LOL:

A local resident/personality and restauranteur (now deceased) who lived near us, Al Copeland, had such a huge display of Christmas lights at his home that after he died the display was moved to a local park for all to enjoy. And, his neighbors breathed a sigh of relief due to the lessening of traffic on their block.

Now, when we see a house that is decorated way overboard we just sneer and say to each other, "oh look, another Al Copeland wannabe!" :ROFLMAO:

We don't put up any lights at all.

+1
We turn on our front porch light. :D

Well, at least you turn on your porch light for the year-end holiday season. My brother-in-law always keeps his porch light off. Year round. I guess that's because he rarely gets visitors, and wants to be sure they know they are not welcome in the evening.

It used to be biodegradable and then they changed the formula.

Deer, bear, rabbits, etc do the same thing in the woods... gross.

"I do not drink water. Fish swim in it. " -- Groucho Marx

I do not put on any utside lights at night.
Not a peeve.
All neighbors have several outdoor lights on all night.
Enough, photons float around to light up my house's exterior as well.
Besides, it saves on electricity.
Had to put up several strategic poles with boards acrross to block a couple of lights which interefered with sitting on my swing in the evenings by givig glare.

My brother-in-law always keeps his porch light off. Year round.

Hey, LBYM!

As an amateur astronomer the neighborhood lights have been a pet peeve for many years. Of course I travel an hour each way to reach dark skies for any serious observing but it would be nice to set up in the backyard once in a while. One of my current neighbors has a porch light outside his basement door that hasn’t been turned off in the nearly ten years I’ve lived here. It would only serve to help the burglar break in through that door. But no worries 😉 I’m used to folks’ fear of the dark.

Hey, LBYM!

As an amateur astronomer the neighborhood lights have been a pet peeve for many years. Of course I travel an hour each way to reach dark skies for any serious observing but it would be nice to set up in the backyard once in a while. One of my current neighbors has a porch light outside his basement door that hasn’t been turned off in the nearly ten years I’ve lived here. It would only serve to help the burglar break in through that door. But no worries 😉 I’m used to folks’ fear of the dark.
have you tried politely asking him to temporarily turn it off for you?

I've been trying not to post this but our HOA was convinced by 1 neighbor out of 6 on our street to cut down 4 nice oak trees on a neutral ground (boulevard). This happened while we were on a summer trip. Apparently she told the HOA that everyone on our street wanted the evil trees cut down. The trees weren't cut yet when we got home so I asked about this we were told the decision had been made and they can't or won't re-consider. So no more trees.
Also they plan to have the electric company install a street light on our short street. Right now ALL of our neighbors keep ALL of their outside lights on ALL night, EVERY night. Can't tell when the sun comes up in the morning it's so bright outside. You'd think they were all scared of the dark.

sorry about the trees. if they're still up i might consider an injunction to temporarily halt the cutting and force the board to reconsider in light of the fraud committed by the neighbor.

as for all-night outdoor lights...we keep ours on all night as well. not a matter of being afraid of the dark but as an anti-crime measure.

as for all-night outdoor lights...we keep ours on all night as well. not a matter of being afraid of the dark but as an anti-crime measure.

We do the same thing. It doesn't have to be lit up like Stalag 13, just a 25W bulb or equivalent on each of the four sides of the building is sufficient.

Well....in my opinion.....you should...
Let me follow up. I lack the ability to respond...correctly. I'm too polite. When I leave the situation I always wish I said "stick it up your a_ _". Sorry was that too mean? I'm always apologizing, so that's a pet peeve too.

Let me follow up. I lack the ability to respond...correctly. I'm too polite. When I leave the situation I always wish I said "stick it up your a_ _". Sorry was that too mean? I'm always apologizing, so that's a pet peeve too.

That's a gimme - just use your best Travis Bickle voice: "You talkin' to me?"...covers all the bases. :LOL:

I learned that when offered unsolicited advice it is easiest to say "thank you" and then walk away and promptly ignore it (or not, as I choose). Like water off a duck's back.

I'm not in love with screen captures taken from large computer monitors. Then they get posted, and cause me web browser to scroll.

It takes time (and Irfanview or similar) to reduce a screen capture, but you'll get a gold star for effort.

Check out lanes so narrow and piled high with racked up crap (candy and lighters) so you can't see who's in there. You think the lane is empty, walk up, and the queue is 3 deep with overflowing carts.

Looking at you WallyWorld!

Tailgaters. I think I'll have one of these made.

3IIB4XKOFJDJLINWAHFJ4D35IA.jpg

Tailgaters. I think I'll have one of these made.
Oh, you'll love my story then! Driving I-81 on Christmas Eve, passing a truck on the uphill, someone came roaring up on my tail, just couldn't wait the 30 seconds for me to pass the truck. Being in a holiday mood, I just laughed, accelerated slightly, got over when I could, and didn't look over to give them a dirty look. Or finger. 10 miles up, I see blue lights, a trooper has someone pulled over. Yep, my tailgating buddy!

An unnamed member of our extended family who manages to park her small suv and take up the space that other people can easily park 4 vehicles in. Seriously, my son's driveway has enough paved space on the side of his garage to park 4 cars or trucks. We don't park in front of his driveway in case they have to go somewhere. But this person will park smack dab in the middle of the parking space on the side leaving us to park in front of his garage. Really bothers me that some people are so oblivious to inconveniencing others.

Self check out counters at grocery stores. Watching people in front of me at self checkout counters at grocery stores. Especially when you realize the 4 digit code on pears is much easier to look at than the picture of 15 different pears available.

There are 24 hours in a day. I am in bed and asleep at most for about 8 of them.

So guess the only time when the batteries can go dead in the fire alarm in the basement at the far end of the house and it starts chirping like Satan's cricket ?

Gotta laugh at myself for that one! A couple months ago I spent a good part of the day changing out the batteries in 6 detectors mounted on the 10' ceiling in our house. Still heard the darn chirping! Later when my wife came home she said "your Viper alarm fob is chirping". Dohh!

There are 24 hours in a day. I am in bed and asleep at most for about 8 of them.

So guess the only time when the batteries can go dead in the fire alarm in the basement at the far end of the house and it starts chirping like Satan's cricket ?

10 miles up, I see blue lights, a trooper has someone pulled over. Yep, my tailgating buddy!
There is no better feeling of schadenfreude than seeing your fellow driver a-hole get rightfully pulled over after wronging you. It has only happened a few times in my life, and I cherish each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom