What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed, what better way to start the new year. We're off to the beach later this morning, and may go to the cinema this afternoon. Our multiple house guests all have plans of their own (thank goodness :))

Last edited:
Up, fed the dog, having coffee, texted DD to wish her a Happy New Year (missed her 12:01 am text to me last night), getting ready to walk the dog, and later, taking DW out for breakfast. :)

DD called us rather than texted... woke up DW... I rolled over.

Busy day today... closing up our winter home and traveling to friends to watch football this afternoon... then staying overnight at DD's near the airport and flying south before the crack of dawn tomorrow... my boarding pass says boarding at 5:10 am... WTH was I thinking? Saving grace is that if all goes according to plan we'll be at our winter home before noon.

Yesterday we spent a lot of time holding the new grandbaby after he got home from the hospital with his parents. We cooked a favorite meal for his ravenous mother (DD). DSIL is doing a great job of taking care of her and the baby.

Lovely to see and experience.

Happy New Year!

Walt - I just saw your post about the melanoma in the old thread. My brother had a mole on his arm that grew to 5" across... Fortunately, it stayed local to his arm. While he did die of cancer - that was a different cancer (not metastatic) and was 30 years later.

Lots of positive vibes being sent to the universe that this is local and surgically resolved!!!

Celebrating my birthday today so not sure what I'm going to do. Going to pick up some fresh bagels in a moment. HAPPY NEW YEAR all

Celebrating my birthday today so not sure what I'm going to do. Going to pick up some fresh bagels in a moment. HAPPY NEW YEAR all
Happy Birthday! Looks like most of the world is celebrating along with you . :)

Happy New Year, everyone, and Happy Birthday, bclover! :) So glad to know that it is 2017. I have great hopes for this year. After the election strife I think many of us are thrilled to leave 2016 behind us in the dust.

I was up until 3 last night, and just awakened so I'm 3/4 asleep right now. As soon as I awaken thoroughly, I plan to give my computations one last check and then do a few financial things. Time (for me) to move my 2017 spending money from Vanguard to my local bank, and rebalance. Every year I do both of these financial housekeeping tasks during the first week in January.

Happy New Year! Today I'll be un-decorating while watching the Mummer's parade and football on tv. I already have all the ornaments off the tree so it is ready to be dismantled and put away.

Happy new years. Will be debating when to get out of bed and go watch football.

I'm thinking about cleaning up the garage to make room for the rest of the stuff in my old house's garage. That's one more step to putting the old house on the market 9 months after moving.

Kids and Grandkids coming over for belated Christmas celebration. Love having the little ones around.
DH will be BBQing a Prime Rib roast--yum!

Not doing much of anything. I did write the check for the state estimated taxes and I'm thinking of grilling a steak for lunch.

ETA: Yup, the steak was thawed so I grilled and ate it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about cleaning up the garage to make room for the rest of the stuff in my old house's garage. That's one more step to putting the old house on the market 9 months after moving.

I cleaned out my garage yesterday. DD brought my sports car up yesterday so I needed to make room for it. It will stay in the garage until spring.

Met an old friend and his dog at a dog park and after chatting for a while, I went for a walk in the winter sunshine through the woods and fields

Finished up two nights of babysitting the 5 and 3 year old granddaughters. Parents can't get here soon enough. Hilariously exhausting.

Had black eyed peas as one of my side items for lunch today. 2017 s/b a good year. :) Watching NFL football right now, but will probably watch a movie later today.

We saw Paula Poundstone in SF last night for our New Year's evening out. She was really funny and got a standing ovation.

Family tradition going back at least several generations (northern Germany) is that you have to eat some pickled herring on New Year's Day.

It's one of my favorite snack foods anyway, so always a treat.

Spent all day playing a game I've been waiting two years to play. Had to build a PC first, so now it's time to kill monsters and get caught up in political intrigue. A whole lot more fun than sitting around watching movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom