Maximizing Wal-Mart Gift Cards

Woodreaux

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello All,
Noob here.

Brief summary of what I've got going here: I'm using Ting as my phone carrier. Just installed Google Voice/Hangouts and have ported my old number over so my usage with Ting will be all Data and 0 minutes and messages. My bill should run in the $15-20 range per month. (Thank you Mr. 1500!)

My current phone is a little outdated and I wanted to upgrade to keep up with the new app addition. Sprint coverage is not great around here and I am having trouble picking up calls with new system. I don't know if its my phone (LG Volt 8Gb) not being able to run the new app or if its the service. My plan is to upgrade my phone with money I have built up with Wal-Mart Savings Catcher accruals (~$150).

Wal-Mart does not carry unlocked phones so I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer this money (Wal-Mart Gift Card) to something that can be used to purchase a phone. I was thinking of Amazon gift card but WM doesn't carry those. They have the Visa cards but I was told that you can only charge those with Cash or Credit, not WM Gift Card.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to hack this?

Cheers
Woodreaux

P.S. Ting is sending me the GSM Sim card which is T-Mobile coverage. It's better in my area so this may resolve my problems with current phone. Will know next week.

Back
Top Bottom