Surprise Thunderstorm and the roof

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I usually pay attention to the forecast, I knew some rain was expected followed by cooler days - highs in the 70s. I just didn't expect it last night. Roughly 2AM I awoke to the sound of high winds and heavy rain. I could hear it blowing in the worse direction - directly again the new the wall were roof that's been repaired 4 times for leaks. This was some serious stuff. I thought I guess this will be the test. Then my wife's phone screeched a weather alert warning (too late). Then came the thunder, enough to wake the dead. The Mrs told me it lasted an hour and a half.. Oddly though the wife, daughter and I were awake the old dog didn't stir. At some point I fell back asleep I awoke to the old scratching at the front door at 5:30AM I got up and took her out.

The tree limbs down on the property and the pool cover under several inches of water were evidence of the storms intensity. Later I just kept staring at the kitchen ceiling looking for evidence of the leak.

Welcome fall.

Last edited:
I usually pay attention to the forecast, I knew some rain was expected followed by cooler days - highs in the 70s. I just didn't expect it last night. Roughly 2AM I awoke to the sound of high winds and heavy rain. I could hear it blowing in the worse direction - directly again the new the wall were roof that's been repaired 4 times for leaks. This was some serious stuff. I thought I guess this will be the test. Then my wife's phone screeched a weather alert warning (too late). Then came the thunder, enough to wake the dead. The Mrs told me it lasted an hour and a half.. Oddly though the wife, daughter and I were awake the old dog didn't stir. At some point I fell back asleep I awoke to the old scratching at the front door at 5:30AM I got up and took her out.

The tree limbs down on the property and the pool cover under several inches of water were evidence of the storms intensity. Later I just kept staring at the kitchen ceiling looking for evidence of the leak.

Welcome fall.

Buckle up - hurricane season is just starting.....

I got a lesson yesterday in watching the weather. Out flying my new drone and all was going fine until a sudden violent gust of wind blew it into a tree. Fell out of the tree about 30 feet to the ground and lost one propellor and mangled the camera gimbal. An hour later we had a serious storm that was totally unexpected.

Fortunately I had the foresight to buy insurance for $99 that gives me two replacements at nominal cost during the first year. The damaged craft is already enroute to the repair depot.

Back
Top Bottom