PSA: Time to change those clocks again

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Yup, it’s that time of year. Tonight’s the night. We get a whole 60 minutes, tax free, no questions asked, no need to accept any terms and conditions.

Luddites will need to manually reset their clocks.

Car, microwave, stove, and coffeemaker.
Everything else changes itself. It's a wonderful world. :dance:

What, again? We just changed ours a week ago. :facepalm:

It may be tax free, but after loaning an hour since spring I think we all deserve at least some interest, maybe 10 seconds worth.

I absolutely hate this time of year. The change in daylight hours is not good for my mental health. Time to drag that fake daylight lamp out.

It was worse when I w*rked. Driving home in the dark was depressing.

Car, microwave, stove, and coffeemaker.
Everything else changes itself. It's a wonderful world. :dance:

Car, stove, and two battery-operated clocks. All other contraptions are smart enough to change on their own!

I absolutely hate this time of year. The change in daylight hours is not good for my mental health. Time to drag that fake daylight lamp out.

Yep, I remember driving to work in the dark, then driving home in the dark. I'm a pretty cheerful person in general, but that was depressing.

For me it was the more of my train ride home which I found depressing after we went back to standard time. On my late DST days, I at least began my trip with some daylight even if my short walk home from the train station was in darkness. But in the winter, my entire trip home was in darkness.

We got back from Europe 2 weeks ago so changed our watches already once. Now we do the clocks, 4 of which were awards of various kinds so all with hands. The car clocks always require relearning what the Koreans/Chinese have decided is the hardest way to do it.

Then we go to Mexico where they have the original 4 less weeks of DST. They switched last weekend and will delay the conversion by 3 weeks in April. Our satellite receiver there is on Vancouver time. So we have to think Mountain time and Central time.

Wish I could reset our cat - something tells me she will opt to have her schedule remain unchanged.

Normally I despise the "spring forward, fall back" time changes because I seem to get a condition similar to jet lag for a few days when we do that. I see all the cheerful, bright eyed people bouncing around happily and all I want to do is emit a low pitched, gutteral growl and glare at them like a rabid wolf in heat.

This year will be so much better. I have accidently been going to bed later and later, and right now I am going to sleep an hour later and getting up an hour earlier than is my preference. This will be great! I can continue on the same schedule, and the rest of the world will be adjusting to MY sleep schedule for a change.

Last edited:
When one works underground in a coal mine, there are times when you never see daylight or sunlight for that matter for weeks. Of course I was mining sunshine from 300 million years ago but that doesn't count......

I am so happy to see this time change occur. I never adjusted to the spring time change this year -- just kept getting up and going to bed at what was now an hour later. So I am happy to get back to what I consider my regular time.

One more thing to like about Hawaii. No time change. Having said that, I do wish we would permanently change to "daylight savings time." Morning light is "wasted" on me, but evening light is not. The good news is that, while we have shorter "long" days in summer, we also have shorter "long" nights here. YMMV

The dogs weren't buying the "it's only 8 o'clock now" excuse. They know when breakfast was supposed to be. And people think I'm the master.

Back
Top Bottom