What is your latest favorite Youtube channel?

robnplunder

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What is your latest favorite Youtube channel? I subscribe to about 20 channels. My favorites are a few Baduk (aka Go, Weiqi), Cooking, and Sports channels. I subscribe and remove channels often. What are your favorite Youtube channels now?

Reactions: oma
My latest favourite is HinduCowGirl, who is a train driver in Norway. She shows the driver’s point of view on some spectacular routes, unedited. I find it very calming, particularly this latest video with snow in the mountains.

https://youtu.be/dlSuu9wD4_M

Hellthy Junk Food
Primitive Technology
Food Tripping with Molly
Watch it Played

RAN Sailing, Mark Crossfield, Petrolicious, Raw Craft w Balvenie, Gone with the Wynns, Jay Leno’s Garage, PGA Tour, Sampson Boat Co, Volvo Ocean Race, Waterlust, Waymo to name some...I’m subscribed to quite a few others, and add/subtract all the time.

Last edited:
Joe Robinet
Jay Leno garage
Mikey Chen
NorthernSeclusion
MotoManTv
Eater
The Food Ranger
First We Feast

Golfoholics,Sailing La Vagabonde and several virtual jogging/biking channels. The jogging ones I use on those rare days I ride my indoor bike. But will be using a lot more during the winter months.

Buckin Billy Ray Smith - Favorite sayings , "Get the gullet out" and "Be Kind"

The Science Asylum

SpaceX
The science asylum
Engineering explained
Several ASMR channels, you can find your own if you are interested.

I like Jimmy DiResta and Primitive Technology as well. Here are some other favorites:

AvE - a master machinist/field engineer. Half the time I don't know what he is on about but stunning technical skills and funny as h*ll. Not p.c.
OzzyMan - a profane Aussie bloke that makes very funny sci fi and sports/pop culture videos. Again, not p.c.
Electroboom - a very funny Iranian electrical engineer living in Vancouver BC. If he doesn't electrocute himself at least once per video making homemade inventions it is a slow day.
Londonist/AlltheStations - a railway and Tube geek from the UK. He held the record for visiting all London tube stations in under 24 hours and this summer visited every single railway station in the UK.
TheGreatWar - a very well done channel that is following WW1 "live" every week with recaps and commentary about what happened exactly 100 years ago.

Plus about 3 dozen others that rotate in and out.

edited: Almazan Kitchen. An anonymous guy in Serbia that cooks incredible gourmet food in the woods.. seriously. With just a knife and a campfire usually. One of DW favorites.

Last edited:
Golfoholics,Sailing La Vagabonde and several virtual jogging/biking channels. The jogging ones I use on those rare days I ride my indoor bike. But will be using a lot more during the winter months.

The virtual jogging videos are pretty cool.

I spend a lot of time browsing youtube, but I don't subscribe to any channels.

When I find something that I like, and listen to, then often it rolls over into another video on the same topic that I didn't even know existed. That's kind of fun sometimes. :D

When I find something that I like, and listen to, then often it rolls over into another video on the same topic that I didn't even know existed. That's kind of fun sometimes. :D
+1

Same thing here, the serendipity is kind of neat. I watch a lot of WWII documentaries, especially the aviation and submarine ones (the logistics are incredible) and photography and radio control model airplane videos.

A lot of different exercise channels and started to watch these ASMR channels for white noise to assist with falling or staying asleep.

As a result of this thread, I’ve watched and enjoyed several of these channels, I probably never would have found myself. Well done OP!

If any aren't aware--Youtube offers "youtube red" for $10/mo which is commercial free. Youtube is my #1 go to for viewing a video.

If any have bought their other service at $40, I'd love to know what you think.

I'm learning google spreadsheets so lots of great videos. Presently watching videos on health, the human body, and plant-based doctors McDougall, Goldhammer. I do watch weekly Chef AJ and Heather "Butterfly Effect" (she recently completed a 300 pound weight loss via plant-based diet sans surgery).

Last edited:
JP Sears. I especially like his tips on "How to Become Gluten Intolerant". Thanks to JP I now feel like I belong to something trendy.

If any aren't aware--Youtube offers "youtube red" for $10/mo which is commercial free. Youtube is my #1 go to for viewing a video.

I am into the 3rd month of the free trial. I love it. No commercial interruptions although some videos now embed commercials in their video. BTW, I think YouTube's original videos included in youTube Red really, really, suck big time. Heck, they embarrassing. Would I be paying $10 per month to stop the commercial interruptions despite the "originals?" I would.

JP Sears. I especially like his tips on "How to Become Gluten Intolerant". Thanks to JP I now feel like I belong to something trendy.

Love it! With JP's help I've come to the self realization that I'm Cinnamon intolerant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom