What Did You Hack Today?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I gave up finding something that would shield me from side glare, so I finally made this. Quick and easy. I'm blind in my right eye, so I only needed it on one side. I used the disposable inserts that the eye doctor gives you after dilation.

s3m2Wv7.jpg

I hacked some wood into kindling with my hatchet.

Everybody's a critic!

OK, I'll pile on. First thing I thought was that it would look better to have one on each side, even though only one is needed. Casual observers wouldn't know.

I'll play..
After 12 years of use (some would say abuse) the bottom part of cutlery basket in my dishwasher developed holes - (well bigger holes) from the plastic breaking.

Quick and easy fix, I threaded plastic ties across the holes and now the spoons and knives don't drop to the bottom of the washer. Saved $50 or so.. Woohoo!

I feel like a hack EVERY time I try and fix something...

:facepalm::cool::LOL:

I have a pair of expensive Ray-Ban wraparound sunglasses with black frames and smoky gray polarized lenses that do the trick for me comfortably and perfectly.

I bought them just after my cataract surgery in 2015, since I could (finally) wear non-prescription sunglasses. I love them and wear them every time I am out in the sunshine.

Maybe not the cheap way to go, but they will probably last a lifetime and I'll bet that hack will not.

Everybody's a critic!
First thing I thought was that it would look better to have one on each side, even though only one is needed. Casual observers wouldn't know.

I agree. I'll probably use these only for fishing. Zenni glasses are so cheap (and all have been good quality!) that I have them up the wazoo (ouch)!

Quick and easy fix, I threaded plastic ties across the holes and now the spoons and knives don't drop to the bottom of the washer.

Yes, I've done the same. Zip ties belong up there with duct tape and WD40.

Ugh...my trunk can no longer be unlocked with a key...the remote entry button doesnt work and the trunk release doesnt work by the drivers side seat.

I had to pull the back seat and stick my arm in...yank on the cable to release the back seat so I could fold it down. Crawl into the trunk and tug on the manual release level...that opened the trunk. I then took 550 paracord and tied it around the release level...ran it inbetween the seats and tied it off to the hook at the top that you secure a childs car seat to. Now when we need to open the trunk we can just tug on the paracord and it releases the trunk.

Why not fix it properly?? Corolla has been in 8 accidents...which is why everything is screwed up in the trunk...this will work for now. :)

I have a pair of expensive Ray-Ban wraparound sunglasses with black frames and smoky gray polarized lenses that do the trick for me comfortably and perfectly.

I bought them just after my cataract surgery in 2015, since I could (finally) wear non-prescription sunglasses. I love them and wear them every time I am out in the sunshine.

Maybe not the cheap way to go, but they will probably last a lifetime and I'll bet that hack will not.
No they don't!

I did a similar thing with Ray-bans after my surgery.

The first pair I left in a house we looked at, I got them back 6 weeks later when we closed on a different house. After closing we went out back to enjoy the sun and DW sat on them!😂

I replaced them with the same pair. Six months later I sat on them!

Now I'm on the third pair. They're nice glasses..

I hacked my 2015 Honda CR-V's Hood Release button... boy it was tricky !!

I hacked one of my son's old sweaters and refashioned a dog sweater from the sleeve for his dog.

I hacked up something green and slimy this morning. The doctor says it should clear up in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom