Weird browser behavior

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
This happens around once a night.

I mostly use Chrome. At some point, I'll visit some website (tonight it was espn.com) and get an "IP not found error". I'll try to reload several times and still get the error.

Then, I'll immediately bring up Internet Explorer and will be able to successfully go to the same website. Then, I'll return to Chrome and everything will work again.

I do not disconnect from the internet during this time. I guess I simply don't see why this is happening.

Any thoughts?

Did you go to Mass this morning?

along that line perhaps Dog has removed her hand of blessing from you

or your wifi is dropping out? Or the memory on your computer is full ish. There are a bunch of temp internet files sometimes

Chrome is such a hog. I added the extension "Click and Clean" and run it once per day. It seems to help in taking out all the "garbage".

Does it ever happen in MSIE? If so, then I am thinking that maybe your ISP is just providing a flaky, intermittent internet connection.

The reason this comes to mind is that Cox Cable is like that sometimes in our neighborhood, no matter what browser we use. Even though we have a connection, at times it is intermittent. Because we still have a connection we can't complain to them and replicate the problem.

Cox has been working on upgrading the infrastructure around here so perhaps that is the root cause.

Last edited:
OP here.

1) Running Windows 7

2) Doesn't happen with MSIE. I startup MSIE to get past my issue, then go back to Chrome.

3) I'll try the "Click and Clean"

Thanks

OP here.

1) Running Windows 7

2) Doesn't happen with MSIE. I startup MSIE to get past my issue, then go back to Chrome.

3) I'll try the "Click and Clean"

Thanks
If you have other tabs open in Chrome, maybe look through those.
If you're on wifi, that might suggest momentary interference of some kind.

Gonna try out click and clean myself (with Win 10).

Back
Top Bottom