American Idol 2012 Thread

Okay, after watching tonight's show, with everything said and done, I say Joshua should be the new American Idol.

Okay, after watching tonight's show, with everything said and done, I say Joshua should be the new American Idol.

+1 He is getting better every week.

Philip Phillips had a moment singing Bob Seger's "we've got tonight" but I think it was too little too late. Jessica didn't really have any moments this week IMO.

I agree. After initially not liking Joshua I've come around on him. The guy is good. His version of It's a Mans World was awesome. He was very good tonight. The only thing I've got against him now is not even his fault. I can't stand to hear the judges gush over him.

I hope it's Joshua and Phillip in the finals. Jessica kinda bores me.

Funny, Joshua bores me. All he does is huff and puff and scream.

I think it should be Jessica. She has a great voice and versatility, but too many teenybopper girls vote and the last four winners have been male. We'll see.

They're all good, but I don't feel as invested in any of them as I have in past seasons. I'd like Joshua to win, but predict Phillip will get the confetti shower next week.

My guess is Jessica goes home tonight. IMO she lacks life experience to put emotion in her performances. OTOH she has a bright and lucrative future.

WOW! I didn't see that coming. PP is now my current guess to win it.

Best sing out since Allison Iraheta did "Cry Baby". :'(

I think Jessica may have a fighting chance to break the male domination recently. I like PPs personality, the voice is ok, but not near as versatile as Jessica.

I am still all in for Jessica, but I would have picked Joshua over Phillip any day. Phillip's voice is too drone like for my tastes. Also, I am getting sick of hearing the judges emphasize so much on emotion and connecting with the song and giving accolades for that over giving recognition to truely outstanding vocals and range.

I think Jessica may have a fighting chance to break the male domination recently. I like PPs personality, the voice is ok, but not near as versatile as Jessica.

I disagree. I don't think anyone has ever won who has been saved. Philip as never in the bottom three, from what I can remember.

Yep, PP is going to be the winner. Maybe? I hope so. Jessica still does not seem very exciting to me. The judges have really worn thin with me. I don't like them anymore. Occasionally Steven Tyler says something quirky and funny. But their analysis is stupid.

Well, Phillip is gonna have to learn a bit more stage presence than to nervously rub his leg while singing without his guitar:

I disagree. I don't think anyone has ever won who has been saved. Philip as never in the bottom three, from what I can remember.

He was in the bottom three last night. :LOL:

I think Jessica being saved was an anomaly. Nobody who has been saved has made it to the finale either IIRC.

I think it more likely that Joshua's fans will prefer Jessica to PP.

Last edited:
Jessica needs a big moment next week. If I was advising her, her final song would be "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. If she nails it....she could win!

Well, Phillip is gonna have to learn a bit more stage presence than to nervously rub his leg while singing without his guitar

Yeah, I agree, That was strange and not in a good way. Even so, I predict he'll win and continue to string of Idol winners who are WGWGs (white guys with guitars).

BTW, what did everyone think of Lisa Marie Presley's performance? DH and I turned to each other and said "well that was kinda wierd, but we liked it".

I'm trying to interpret the betting odds link. Does it suggest that Jessica is a heavy favorite to win?

It's presented as moneyline odds, based on a $100 bet:

If the odds say +200, you could bet $100 and a win would return $200 + the $100 bet. Same as 2:1 odds.

If the odds say - 200, it would be a $200 bet to get back $300 total. Same as 2:3 odds.

The second one is favored over the first one.

No, it says Phillip is the heavy favorite. Check out the asterisk beside his odds then scroll to the bottom.

There was poll done by our local newspaper just before Hollie was eliminated, and that poll had 50% predicting Jessica to win.

on intrade.com, people are betting on PP to win - 72% for PP and 25% for Jessica. They got it right last year too (as well as Obama's win 4 years ago, although this is probably not the crowd who would actually vote for AI...)

Phillips final song last night was awful and a nothing in my opinion and I just can't believe how the judges swooned over that one:facepalm:. The officiating this season leaves me disgusted.

Back
Top Bottom