Any Effective Tinnitus Therapies?

I can hear the guys talk just fine, I have trouble hearing my wife and children. The audiologist said, "hearing aids would be a waste for you."
That was several years ago, and I haven't noticed my hearing getting any worse.
Oh, I also have trouble hearing if there is other noise in the environment. I suspect this matches what other would say about their hearing.
"Getting old ain't for sissies!"

This sounds exactly like me. I was told by my audiologist that I was on the edge and hearing aids wouldn't do much. In April I got OTC hearing aids (Jabra) which are tailored to my audiogram. Now I call "bull" to my audiologist. The amount of hearing that they restore is relatively minimal. I can live just fine without them (if there is no loud background noise). The amount of comprehension they restore has changed my quality of life. One example was when I was sitting on my girlfriend's front porch and I heard hundreds of birds in the trees across the street. I muted the hearing aids and I heard almost none. Another, the first full day I had them I went to lunch with 8 friends. It was the first time in years that I could understand the person across the table from me and I didn't have to pay attention to their lips. Game changer.

Side note on Jabra, sign up for their mailing list and then wait 2 weeks until they send you a $300 off coupon. Ignore the $150 off emails.

This sounds exactly like me. I was told by my audiologist that I was on the edge and hearing aids wouldn't do much. In April I got OTC hearing aids (Jabra) which are tailored to my audiogram. Now I call "bull" to my audiologist. The amount of hearing that they restore is relatively minimal. I can live just fine without them (if there is no loud background noise). The amount of comprehension they restore has changed my quality of life. One example was when I was sitting on my girlfriend's front porch and I heard hundreds of birds in the trees across the street. I muted the hearing aids and I heard almost none. Another, the first full day I had them I went to lunch with 8 friends. It was the first time in years that I could understand the person across the table from me and I didn't have to pay attention to their lips. Game changer.

Side note on Jabra, sign up for their mailing list and then wait 2 weeks until they send you a $300 off coupon. Ignore the $150 off emails.

The last audiogram I received was a free test, so I they wouldn't release it to me. So, I would need to pay to get that. Are these adjustable after you get them? I know there are some, you can adjust from your phone.
I will admit, I just give up if I am in a large crowd, I'm not going to be able to converse with anyone. What model did you get. I see $400 off of a couple models immediately.

Are these adjustable after you get them? I know there are some, you can adjust from your phone.
I will admit, I just give up if I am in a large crowd, I'm not going to be able to converse with anyone. What model did you get. I see $400 off of a couple models immediately.

If you don't buy the option for personal programming (which includes an extended warranty and the ability to have them modify them for 3 years for $200 more), you can still adjust them using your phone, or using the buttons on them, between several modes. Mine arrived like this and this is how I experienced that first restaurant meal I mentioned. It took about 2 weeks before I could get a video appointment where they adjusted them to my audiogram. Once they program them the original general modes are gone and you get a new set tailored to you. Using restaurant mode, and sometimes adding the voice clarity mode, truly helps in a large crowd!

I got the Enhance Select 200, although you have to be careful about which Android phone you have because when I "upgraded" my phone recently I discovered it wasn't compatible. Mine was priced at $1995 with programming which ended up at $1695 with their coupon. I see they have a sale right now where you already get that price, but when I moved my mouse away from the window it gave me the popup offer for another $100 off ($400 total). Even better than the deal I got!

I already mentioned the Shore /Auricle device as did someone else in this thread. It's promising in that it was a clinically significant improvement in 65% of the study participants who followed the protocol and met their strict study eligibility requirements and saw about 6 dB reduction better than the placebo control group, which is a noticeable amount. So, partially effective treatment for some people, certainly not a cure or silver bullet.

I hate this thread. Every time I click to see if any new suggestions have emerged, I get a sudden onset of focusing on a constant ringing I normally ignore. It gets really bad when the subject is the source of the agony.

My apologies again to all whose symptoms are exacerbated by reading this thread. I really appreciate the input and ideas!

Saw this on another website today:

"Is that high pitched noise something electronic or is it tinnitus?" A story by me, brought to you by the letter EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Saw this on another website today:

"Is that high pitched noise something electronic or is it tinnitus?" A story by me, brought to you by the letter EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Give me an E!

Actually, I can't identify it as a tone so much as a Shhhhhhhshshhshshshsh sound with a very high pitched whine sometimes more or less. Sometimes constant and sometimes like a "locust" (Cicada.)

Heh, heh, now you'all got me thinking about it again.:facepalm:

LOL. Gimme an F! Gimme a U! Gimme........ :LOL:

I guess mine is not too bad. I can usually ignore it. But wish I could go back in time and wear earplugs on the moto and not stand in front of the Marshall stacks when the band plays. :angel:

Had a colonoscopy a few months ago. Right after the anesthesiologist injected Propofol into my IV my tinnitus completely went away. The effect lasted for about five seconds before I passed out and I don't remember anything after that. It was good while it lasted. Just a reminder of what it's like to be young.

Back
Top Bottom