Anyone doing 30 days of bourbon?

disneysteve

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I’m sure there must be some bourbon fans here. Today is the start of Bourbon Heritage Month. My wife and I are doing the 30 days of bourbon routine, enjoying a different pour each night.

We kicked it off tonight with one of my favorites, Old Weller Antique 107.

Anyone else?

I'm a Maker's Mark Ambassador so you know what's in my glass.

Cheers!

I'm a Maker's Mark Ambassador so you know what's in my glass.

Cheers!
My wife is also a Maker's Mark Ambassador. We'll have that one of the 30 nights for sure.

I haven't checked if we actually have 30 different bourbons on hand. The first time we did this a few years ago we had to swap samples with a friend in our bourbon club but I think we have more in our collection now. If not, we'll reach out for some help or hit the liquor store. Drinks out count too so that's always an option as long as it's something different each night.

I’m a scotch guy, so we don’t have any bourbon in the house. But if Sony wants to give it to me, I won’t refuse [emoji16]

Frank and I don't drink anything alcoholic ever, because both of us have severe alcoholism in our immediate family, we have seen what it can do, and we have heard that it might be hereditary.

We don't look down on those who drink at all, we just think that we personally don't want to take that chance given our family histories. But hey, have a good time! I didn't even know 30 different kinds of bourbon exist. :D

I’m a scotch guy, so we don’t have any bourbon in the house.

Another scotch guy here, but occasionally I'll slum it with a bourbon in the Glencairn. I have a bottle of Blantons cask strength and a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof open. I'll be bummed when the Blantons runs dry as I don't know where I can come up with a replacement.

Another scotch guy here, but occasionally I'll slum it with a bourbon in the Glencairn. I have a bottle of Blantons cask strength and a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof open. I'll be bummed when the Blantons runs dry as I don't know where I can come up with a replacement.

If you ever have the opportunity try the Blanton’s Honey Barrel. It’s excellent but runs about $1,300 if you can even find it.

30 days of bourbon you say?

I'd never heard of such a thing.

And I love it!

I typically drink bourbon every Friday with friends/clients, something we call "bourbon friday." It started as a think tank where we'd discuss what was going on in our businesses, marketing, self improvement, that sort of thing. Now we just drink and make fun of each other.

I don't have 30 different bourbons in my grasp, and my wife will have a fit if I tell her about this "challenge." Sounds great though!

My go to is Basil Hayden, but also Evan Williams bottled in bond.

And I love it!

I typically drink bourbon every Friday with friends/clients, something we call "bourbon friday." It started as a think tank where we'd discuss what was going on in our businesses, marketing, self improvement, that sort of thing. Now we just drink and make fun of each other.

I don't have 30 different bourbons in my grasp, and my wife will have a fit if I tell her about this "challenge." Sounds great though!

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/30-days-of-bourbon-challengeare-you-ready/amp/

This isn’t a recent picture but gives you some idea of what we’ve got. Those shelves are 3 bottles deep, all different. And there’s a number of bottles that don’t fit in there.

Attachments

• 5FF1B0F8-4D47-4055-8012-589544FAD73B.jpeg
    5FF1B0F8-4D47-4055-8012-589544FAD73B.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 57
I could get at least halfway through the month trying a different bourbon each day but unfortunately bourbon does not agree with me so much anymore so I limit it to special occasions.

Attachments

• 357975525_809519393815267_2131843111674116703_n.jpg
    357975525_809519393815267_2131843111674116703_n.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 38
I love bourbon because the used barrels supply the Scotch whisky industry.

And I love it!

Evan Williams is my favorite house bourbon but I've got a couple of premiums I like including Buffalo Trace and Elijah Craig. Not doing 30 days of bourbon though!

Any cheap bourbon recommendations? My favorite is Bulleit, but always looking for other cheap options to try.

If I had to purchase 30 bottles of bourbon then I’d say this belongs in the “blow that dough” thread. :LOL:

Actually I love bourbon and I’ll probably buy a bottle or two of something different. Right now I have some Bulleit and some Maker’s.

Started last night with a jefferson's Ocean. Probably took care of the whole week though. :cool:

Definitely leave the Scotch to others. I prefer my "ashy" taste from a cigar. :LOL:

Definitely leave the Scotch to others. I prefer my "ashy" taste from a cigar. [emoji23]

You are mistaken. Only a minority of Scotch is Smokey. Those ones just grab the headlines.

Last edited:
I've got a bottle of Blanton's in the cabinet. Unfortunately, it is empty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom