Arms falling asleep

Hi Everyone: I stumbled upon this forum searching Google for hand numbness and hand tingling.

Has anyone here ever had cold hands, hand numbness and tingling when using the computer?

I have/had this problem for a long time. I am now using infrared heat computer thingies..... mouse & mouse pad. It seems to help.

My hand problem is not just when sleeping, but when using the computer, too.

Does this happen to anyone here? Doe heat help? I prob need to see a doc. It's so expensive. :nonono:

Yes, I would and did see a doctor. It was due a blocked artery but really do see your doctor, it could be a variety of possibilities, carpel tunnel, etc. You can't get a diagnosis on the internet; in fact, at that time I got really really bad ideas from the net. YMMV, let us know how this progresses.

Yes, I would and did see a doctor. It was due a blocked artery but really do see your doctor, it could be a variety of possibilities, carpel tunnel, etc. You can't get a diagnosis on the internet; in fact, at that time I got really really bad ideas from the net. YMMV, let us know how this progresses.

On the other hand, you did come to a place that gives real good, useful medical/health advice. Check this thread for an idea of what to expect:

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f38/looking-for-some-happy-suggestions-37121.html

Hi Everyone: I stumbled upon this forum searching Google for hand numbness and hand tingling.

Has anyone here ever had cold hands, hand numbness and tingling when using the computer?

I have/had this problem for a long time. I am now using infrared heat computer thingies..... mouse & mouse pad. It seems to help.

My hand problem is not just when sleeping, but when using the computer, too.

Does this happen to anyone here? Doe heat help? I prob need to see a doc. It's so expensive. :nonono:

I didn't have the cold hands, but I noticed numbness when using my laptop for extended periods of time. I realized I was resting my wrists on the edge of the laptop as I typed, and cutting off circulation. Changed my typing position and fixed the problem.

Of course, I still get the numbness in my butt from sitting on the couch for hours with my laptop on my belly while I read all these posts, but that's a different issue. :LOL:

Well, after a few nights with a body pillow my arms are much better. Thanks to those who made the suggestions. I have to use a blank pillow, though, DW nixed the free X-box beach volleyball pillow.

Well, after a few nights with a body pillow my arms are much better. Thanks to those who made the suggestions. I have to use a blank pillow, though, DW nixed the free X-box beach volleyball pillow.
Glad to hear it! Sorry you didn't get the fun pillows.
It still wouldn't hurt to get a checkout by your doc.
Oh, BTW, Patch sez hi! :greetings10:

Interesting. I'm going to see the doc. I made an appt. Lucky for me it's easy to see doctors where I live. They just charge a lot of $$. I'll see what he says. My sis says it's poor circulation and arthritis. hahahaha...... isn't that just from aging?

It's 80 degrees outside today, and I'm sitting here at the computer with freezing cold hands. My fingertips are numb.

As for the numb butt, what about a heating pad? hahahaha : )

A friend of my had a blood clot (blocked artery) in his leg and it was a realy mess. I'm glad you discovered yours fast or it could really be bad.

Probably need to do some wrist curls.
img_796264_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif
But I agree, probably a pinched nerve.

Love the cartoon! hahahha..... But that looks like elbow to mouth excercise! : )

It's not a pinched nerve. My sister was right. A little arthritis and poor circulation. Could be the onset of RSI or CTS.

The doctor said I'm using the computer mouse too much! hahahaha So, what else is new? I told him I'm addicted.

He suggested I continue using the heat therapy. I told him I had the warm mouse and warm mouse pad -- http://www.igmproducts.com. Now, I'm going to get the other items, too, but they are out of stock. I want the heated computer keyboard pad.

Summer is approaching quickly in the desert. It was up to 90 yesterday. Maybe I should just hang my hands out the window for 30 minutes everyday! : )

Back
Top Bottom