Baseball 2015

Looking forward to the Royals taking care of unfinished business from last season.

Go Cubs. Anything can happen.

11 More wins and the Cubs win the world series. Hell might really freeze over. But on the flip side, 3 losses out of the next 5 scheduled games and they are done for the year.

11 More wins and the Cubs win the world series. Hell might really freeze over. But on the flip side, 3 losses out of the next 5 scheduled games and they are done for the year.

Well, sure, anything can happen and always does :). Cards are the Cards. But looking forward to Fun Friday regardless.

Well, sure, anything can happen and always does :). Cards are the Cards. But looking forward to Fun Friday regardless.

It's should be a great series. Anything can happen. In short series, I think the first 2 games are gonna decide the winner. If the Cards don't go up 2-0, I'm picking the Cubbies for the series. I read where Arrietta will probably pitch game #3. Plus, if the Cubs go up 2-0, should be a cinch. What can go wrong? Right? :LOL:

Youngest son moved to Chicago for his first real job this summer. Being m/l a St. Louis boy, he can't get over the fact that not everyone on this morning's train is dressed in red and rooting for the right team!

(But, have to admit that I'll be hoping for the Cubs to run table if they get past this series. Until then, "Go, evil empire!")

Come on Rangers and Astros!
Hopefully one of them will make it to the WS. It's to bad they aren't in different leagues (like they were a few years ago) then we might have an all Texas WS.

Hopefully one of them will make it to the WS. It's to bad they aren't in different leagues (like they were a few years ago) then we might have an all Texas WS.

Actually when the Astros were in different leagues, they were in the NL Central division. If they were still there they would've been in 4th place this season.

Actually when the Astros were in different leagues, they were in the NL Central division. If they were still there they would've been in 4th place this season.
Maybe.

Last edited:
Teams that have won that opening road game are 8-0 in the first playoff series.

Stros giving a Royal beatdown!

Teams that have won that opening road game are 8-0 in the first playoff series.

Stros giving a Royal beatdown!

Rangers and Astros both won those opening road games without their best starter while their opponents did use their best starter. Odds go thru the roof in that scenario for Rangers and Astros to win, especially a short 5 game series.

Rangers and Astros both won those opening road games without their best starter while their opponents did use their best starter. Odds go thru the roof in that scenario for Rangers and Astros to win, especially a short 5 game series.

could we have an I-45 ALCS?

Youngest son moved to Chicago for his first real job this summer. Being m/l a St. Louis boy, he can't get over the fact that not everyone on this morning's train is dressed in red and rooting for the right team!

(But, have to admit that I'll be hoping for the Cubs to run table if they get past this series. Until then, "Go, evil empire!")

DS has many friends whose Cubs roots are way deep (he was pretty much a first generation Cubs fan as DH grew up in Cardinal country and I am not from Chicago so no longtime affinity there) and it was soooo much fun when they were little, hanging out here and discussing changes in percentages for each player--it should have been a math project. If Cubs keep going I know these men with little boys inside them will lose their minds, like everyone else :).

DH doesn't really like sports, so although he follows the Cubs, it's not to the point where we know a lot of comparative statistics unlike those little boys, so we just enjoy a very casual fun back and forth rivalry with our many Cards friends and family--by rivalry I mean we are often marvelling in late September about how the two teams started out equally crappy and only the Cards are still in the hunt. I can't imagine STL is too nervous about the next few games :). But....

Go Cubs.

.... I can't imagine STL is too nervous about the next few games :). But....

Go Cubs.

Actually, I suspect the fans are properly nervous. Cubs are on fire and, at least by W/L record, they are the toughest team that the Cards will face in the playoffs. (I live in Nashville now, so don't have any firsthand knowledge of what the vibe is in STL--but the fans would be nuts to overlook the Cubbies this year.)

Not making a prediction, but the path to the World Series passes through St. Louis!
Personally, I would prefer the Cardinals to face Chicago. The games are always fun. The fans are mutually cordial, and if the Cards happen to lose, I would rather support the Cubbies than Pittsburgh.

Go Cards!!

Since the movie 'back to the future' says the cubs win the series this year, that's enough for me. :)

I think in a 5 game series, in some ways there's more pressure on the team with home field advantage. If you don't win the first 2 games, there is no guarantee you will have another home game before elimination.

Well this game could have started better, IMHO. I have to admit the Astros are earning it though.

Time to dance, just wish I knew how.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom