Baseball 2015

USA today is thinking the same way as me. If the Cubs win tonight, they still have a chance.

This has happened before.

The Chicago Cubs currently trail the New York Mets three games to none in the NLCS, and have looked utterly hopeless so far in the series. The Mets pitchers have dominated the previously hot Cubs bats and the Cubs’ ace pitchers have struggled. Chicago hasn’t had one lead in 27 innings of baseball so far.

But this isn’t over.

Don’t count out the Chicago Cubs just yet | For The Win

Of course, though there are a lot of IFs involved :facepalm:

DM is a diehard Cubs fan, and very typical. They have such admirable qualities, endless amounts of hope, good faith and unwavering commitment, and of course the ability to set aside hard data, evidence, history and statistics.

Go Cubs. :)

Don't forget, today is "Back to the Future" day - when Marty McFly went to the future and saw the famous announcement. That's gotta count for something.

I couldn't believe they bounced five straight breaking balls with two outs and a runner on third. When they lost the fifth one (and the third strike) and allowed that run, the entire tone of the game changed, and Wrigley went flat. Sadly, they planned to do it... play with fire, you get burned.

I couldn't believe they bounced five straight breaking balls with two outs and a runner on third. When they lost the fifth one (and the third strike) and allowed that run, the entire tone of the game changed, and Wrigley went flat. Sadly, they planned to do it... play with fire, you get burned.

Yeah. I was thinking, keep the ball sinking, but no need to get more and more wild each time. The irony of what would've been the third out reminded me that these after all are the Cubs.

The Chicago Cubs added yet another signature play to their morbid postseason history when reliever Trevor Cahill bounced in a curveball which escaped catcher Miguel Montero, allowing the lead run to score the New York Mets' Game 3 victory in the NLCS on Tuesday

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cub...tero-add-another-play-to-cubs-postseason-lore

But I'm positive. I'm hoping tonight is the start of a four game winning streak :).

Last edited:
Yeah. I was thinking, keep the ball sinking, but no need to get more and more wild each time. The irony of what would've been the third out reminded me that these after all are the Cubs.

But I'm positive. I'm hoping tonight is the start of a four game winning streak :).

I've been thinking, "I hate it when I'm right."

I think the Cubs are going to struggle to score runs this series as they did in most of the games against the Mets that they won in the regular season. The difference is where the Mets were putting up 0s and 1s when they played the Cubs early in the year, they're putting up 3s and 4s now.

Thus, I would predict a Mets series win, and I'm not sure it'll get to seven games. In the post season, pitching and defense usually win out, and I think pitching is strongly in the Mets' favor.

Some here are criticizing the catcher and IO think that is BS. Those pitches were crying to go to the wall.

I do think comparing these Cubs to past teams is ridiculous. That got farther than Theo thought they were going to this year. Good things to come.

Some here are criticizing the catcher and IO think that is BS. Those pitches were crying to go to the wall.

I do think comparing these Cubs to past teams is ridiculous. That got farther than Theo thought they were going to this year. Good things to come.

I think the pitch was officially ruled a wild pitch. But even Montero says he should have blocked the ball.

... New night. New game. Time to go on a winning streak of 1 :).

Miggy had no chance on that pitch. Darn lucky to block the first four as well as he did.

Note to Theo: Hendricks should be the number 5 pitcher next year and Hammel should be wearing a different uniform.

Hammel should be the first player released after tonight :facepalm:.

Last edited:
It's over! Same old Cubs.

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 44
It's over! Same old Cubs.

Unfortunately I think you are right. 6 to 0 and it's only the top of the third.:(:(:(:(:(:( I'm so bored, I'm reading this forum during the game.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think you are right. 6 to 0 and it's only the top of the third.:(:(:(:(:(:( I'm so bored, I'm reading this forum during the game.

I remembered to cancel my Sling TV subscription. At least I can watch AMC or the History channel until the subscription ends in Nov.

The Cubs can say all they want about the young players not nervous under the moment, but it looks like the Cardinals series was their world series. The Mets ate their lunch, plain and simple.

Last edited:
I remembered to cancel my Sling TV subscription. At least I can watch AMC or the History channel until the subscription ends in Nov.

The Cubs can say all they want about the young players not nervous under the moment, but it looks like the Cardinals series was their world series. The Mets ate their lunch, plain and simple.

Get it. I still say it is great experience for next year. Hopefully this taste leaves them wanting more.

BTW, I surf the web watching any baseball game. To slow of a game to hold my entire attention.

Get it. I still say it is great experience for next year. Hopefully this taste leaves them wanting more.

BTW, I surf the web watching any baseball game. To slow of a game to hold my entire attention.

Yeah. Great experience for next year. I was just still watching hoping for the near rally. Bases loaded with no outs but then only 1 run. I'm guilty. Diehard Cubs fan.

And no runs in the 6th because Soler didn't run out a weak fly that dropped fair. The season is over if they don't win, not sure what he's saving his energy for.

And no runs in the 6th because Soler didn't run out a weak fly that dropped fair. The season is over if they don't win, not sure what he's saving his energy for.

Yeah. The simple things like Fowler not running out the weak fly that the Cubs did all year. :facepalm:

Right, Fowler, not Soler. My mistake. I don't stay mad at errors, swinging at bad pitches, etc, but just being lazy and not running out a ball, especially in a playoff elimination game, really irks me.

Such a disappointment. I feel for the [-]suckers[/-] fans that paid good money going to the games where the Cubs didn't even lead once in the entire series :facepalm:.

Next year is THE year :blush:.

Back
Top Bottom