Before and After, A picture journey for a home.

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Attachments

• ISyn8qf4lcv1rq1000000000.jpg
    ISyn8qf4lcv1rq1000000000.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20231214_120218989.jpg
    IMG_20231214_120218989.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Wow, that's a beautiful transformation - congrats!

That’s amazing and the end result is beautiful!!

I remember reading through the work posts on that project. Thank you for sharing the excellent results.

Was a big project. Always nice to be done.

Looks good!
How was the chimney? Looks like you kept the original.

Thanks everyone.... But still not quite done yet... Added more to our "Morgage" yesterday. Picked up the granite countertops, sink and assorted hardware and tile for the kitchen backslash. $1300 @ 0% for 12 months. Got a folder of receipts to add up at some point.

Rear view.

Attachments

• A1 (1).jpg
    A1 (1).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20220726_122353841_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220726_122353841_HDR.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230815_145933295.jpg
    IMG_20230815_145933295.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 47
I missed the original thread when you bought the home. Looks like you rescued the home, and it looks great. Thanks for sharing the end result.

I missed the original thread when you bought the home. Looks like you rescued the home, and it looks great. Thanks for sharing the end result.

The original story link is in the 1st post. We still have people stopping in to see what we have done. The original folks were well loved and respected by the community, and were like another set of grandparents to us.
This may sound stupid, But we have a framed picture of them that has sat on the mantle. Several of the major interior changes were actually their ideas to begin with.

Congratulations on your home!

BTW, I love the picture on the mantel.

You should be on one of the TV shows about re-habing old houses. Amazing transformation!

Incredible what can be accomplished when we put our minds to it!

I love how this is also the foundation for your retirement. It has been inspirational.

You should be on one of the TV shows about re-habing old houses. Amazing transformation!

Someone actually mentioned the idea of getting the media involved to get the story out about how so many people got involved with helping out after my accident. There was 2 weekends that a large crowd attacked the place while I was still in the hospital. One weekend after I got home we had 4 campers parked here Thurs - Mon... Talk about a human-interest story.

The original owner was that kind of guy, Always working with the church and community helping folks in need. There were several times he would call me to see if I could give him a hand for a few minutes to help out. I learned alot of stuff from him over the years.

Someone actually mentioned the idea of getting the media involved to get the story out about how so many people got involved with helping out after my accident. There was 2 weekends that a large crowd attacked the place while I was still in the hospital. One weekend after I got home we had 4 campers parked here Thurs - Mon... Talk about a human-interest story.

The original owner was that kind of guy, Always working with the church and community helping folks in need. There were several times he would call me to see if I could give him a hand for a few minutes to help out. I learned alot of stuff from him over the years.

So you can teach an old dog new tricks!:D

Nice job on the house!:cool:

Interior explanation... You walked in the door along the wall for the 3rd bedroom. We removed that wall and added to the Main room.

Attachments

• A1 (12).jpg
    A1 (12).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231121_151204276_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20231121_151204276_PORTRAIT.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom