Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up 15 month non-callable for 5.816% in secondary market.

Just picked up 15 month non-callable for 5.816% in secondary market.

How many $K (approximately)? Whenever I spot something close to this it's like only 1 or 2 bonds left. Or the short duration + markup turns a 7% YTM on the fido bond search page into a -2% in the yield calculator.

How many $K (approximately)? Whenever I spot something close to this it's like only 1 or 2 bonds left. Or the short duration + markup turns a 7% YTM on the fido bond search page into a -2% in the yield calculator.

Just 5, I entered bid 0.1 below the ask and 30 seconds later, dealer took it. So, my yield is what was showing.

Just 5, I entered bid 0.1 below the ask and 30 seconds later, dealer took it. So, my yield is what was showing.

Interesting.... which platform allows you to bid? I've heard of others bidding on bonds but Fidelity's bond page scolds me if I don't enter a price that matches an existing offer to sell.

Interesting.... which platform allows you to bid? I've heard of others bidding on bonds but Fidelity's bond page scolds me if I don't enter a price that matches an existing offer to sell.

It's Fidelity. Have you tried recently? It allows it for CDs, as well as municipal bonds - both buying and selling, at least for me, COcheesehead, and jazz4cash.

Even BOA now has a new money deposit program yielding up to 4.5% in a MM account.

Where is that? Are they hiding it? Or is it at Merrill Lynch?

It is actually BOA. I received an email on it. See below for some copied details.

Enroll by August 31, 2023

Click Enroll now or request enrollment with a
Bank of America® associate.

Deposit New Money

Deposit New Money* directly into a new or existing Bank of America Advantage Savings account or Money Market IRA within thirty (30) days of enrolling.
New Money deposits of:(1)
12-month Promotional Rate
Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
$50,000 3.93% 4.00%
$100,000 4.17% 4.25%
$250,000+ 4.41% 4.50%

OK, thanks. I didn’t get the promotional email yet.

I’m making more than 4.5% several other places.

Isn’t a quarter point about $25,000 a year with $10M?

Seems worthwhile.

Now, the same quarter point on $200K is about $500 so perhaps less interesting.

I always think of investments being affected by the Rule of Big Numbers.

OK, thanks. I didn’t get the promotional email yet.

I’m making more than 4.5% several other places.

Agree, there are better rates, but not bad for them for the first time I believe.

Yeah, just evaluating whether it’s worth bothering personally.

Interesting move, don’t think I’ve ever seen it before. BofA trying to attract deposits? Shocker! :eek:

Anyone use NASA Credit Union? 5.65 percent on a 9 month share certificate, $10k minimum. Looks like it's easy to qualify and free.

I've been a NASA customer for about 15 years now and never had any big issues with them. I currently have some of my Roth there with all three of their high interest Promo specials but I've also had savings CDs over the years. Their specials generally apply to new money only although they have been known to waive that requirement for maturing CDs if you ask. A couple of years ago they flat out refused to do that so I moved all my Roth elsewhere but over the past few months I've dumped a lot back into their 49 month certificate.

Anyone use NASA Credit Union? 5.65 percent on a 9 month share certificate, $10k minimum. Looks like it's easy to qualify and free.

I use NASA I went the easy qualification route but I am within 30 minute of several branches. They have bungled an IRA direct transfer request but so has everyone else.

I use NASA I went the easy qualification route but I am within 30 minute of several branches. They have bungled an IRA direct transfer request but so has everyone else.

Edit: They usually say it has to be new money for their promo deals.

So, continued seeing NASA FCU mentioned with higher than average rates.

I really like the science and tech ethic at NASA, but not so much they're silly going to Mars thing.

Decided to open account ... anyone else done this using their "catch-all" membership option of one year free membership in a space organization?

Any real interest advantages or ....?

I did the application today. I checked the free membership, got no information. Would not upload my ID. You have to page through a number of disclosures and agreements before you can complete the process. You have to use a credit card or mail them a check for the deposit. Guess I will chat with them on Monday.

Did all of that - website interface a bit clunky, but worked. Used cc to open. Got email confirming application. Standing by for approval.

I used the catch all membership but honestly I don’t think they are worth jumping through hoops to open an account online. I can walk into a branch. At the time I applied there were no others coming close to their rate. I’m not that interested in anything under ~15 months.

Has anyone heard of or been a customer of Bread Savings before? I've seen a lot of advertisements lately on various social media platforms for them. I just haven't heard of them before. And yes, they are apparently FDIC insured.

Currently they offer a 12 month 5.25% CD and a 5% 24 month CD. Just curious if anyone has an opinion on them. I believe they're another online bank.

^^^^^
Nope, never heard of them but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. As an FYI, I'm sure you know you can get those terms and rates (maybe even a tad better) buying brokered CD's at Schwab right now.

They've been inserting a lot of their advertisements on Youtube recently.

You can read up on its history on Wikipedia. I see no reason to deal with them. They do not provide anything that Fidelity or any of the other major players don't.

Saw brokered CDs offered by Blue Sky Bank the other day. Just another interesting bank name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom