Beware What You Type In URL Bar

How did BIL pay the $300? Credit Card? If so, did he contest it? If he paid with Green Dot, Western Union, Money Order, Direct access to his bank account, Bitcoin etc. etc. then he would probably not have any recourse.

The non-standard (ie non-CC) payment methods would be a dead-giveaway to me that something is not on the up and up.

Just curious how these folks are managing to collect.

-gauss

Yes, by CC... I think he contested it but I haven't heard the outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I cleared the Chrome cache/history so that the bad link was not be there.
Everything seemed to be fine but I was worried about residual effect.
I called Apple Support today and the rep seemed to think everything was fine. He said these bad guys aren't so much interested in infecting you as getting money from you if you call that tollfree number. He said he gets 10 calls a day like this and is 100% sure everything is ok. I asked if he would be 110% sure and he said yes.

Do you believe him?

I don't believe him. It's a foolish thing to say. Without seeing the specific message, and running a program or two, one does not know.

You are correct. I was sloppy in my wording as I said "Apple is based on a linux" , when in reality BSD and Linux are based on Unix , and when I say based I don't mean copied.

I've also used Mac's at work locations, and at one they gave me a Mac, so I installed Linux as dual boot and use that. It totally weirds them out I'm not running Mac as a Mac.
At home I use Windows and Linux as I don't need to pay the Apple tax.

What is the Apple Tax?

What is the Apple Tax?

I'm guessing that the Apple tax is the premium you pay to buy a Mac over the cost of buying comparable hardware and following a cookbook to assemble the hardware into a computer and load your favorite Linux distro.

I'm guessing that the Apple tax is the premium you pay to buy a Mac over the cost of buying comparable hardware and following a cookbook to assemble the hardware into a computer and load your favorite Linux distro.

Or you could say it's what you pay for a well integrated system of hardware and software and amazing support from a company that builds top quality products.

Depends on your perspective.

Or you could say it's what you pay for a well integrated system of hardware and software and amazing support from a company that builds top quality products.

Depends on your perspective.

Personally, I have no gripe with Apple. However, from Sunset's perspective, and bearing in mind that he took a working Mac and loaded Linux on it, it may seem like a tax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom