Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of things, I blew a hefty amount of dough recently on a high end coffeemaker. I was a bit skeptical that it was really worth it, but now that I'm actually using the thing I have to admit it is. Far superior flavor to my old Mr. Coffee and better than I can get at Starbucks. I love the thing, despite the slightly higher level of maintenance it wants. Way simpler to operate than I expected, and it makes the best coffee I've ever tasted.
81BeOU6Tu8L._SL1500_.jpg

Good for you! I've been enjoying my Jura for going on 3 years now. It does make supurb coffee and ends up costing way less than Keurig.

Back to Wagyu, this stuff is the real deal and about $15/oz, so I expect the restaurant price to be about 2x.

I don't like the taste of Wagyu.

I also like drip coffee.

I don't like the taste of Wagyu.

I also like drip coffee.

I don't like wagyu beef either. :yuk: I also don't like aged beef. I guess I have no class or taste! I like just everyday supermarket steaks.

As for coffee, I do like drip coffee but.... (shh!)….
lately I have been drinking Maxwell House instant and despite all the peer pressure, I happen to like it.

Just came back from a 16 day European trip (the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, and Czechia), almost $6,000 for two persons.

Wagyu cattle are Japanese.
When crossbred with American cattle, the result is known as American Wagyu.

It's still outstanding, but not quite the same.

I go to a hamburger joint that only uses "Prime Black Angus" ( I think it is called). They offer a Wagyu burger for 3 bucks more, which I suspect is this.

I go to a hamburger joint that only uses "Prime Black Angus" ( I think it is called). They offer a Wagyu burger for 3 bucks more, which I suspect is this.
Black Angus does not grade it's meat, so when it calls itself "prime", that's a marketing term and not comparable to certified prime beef.

Got a new king size comforter for my bed and then went out and ate mexican food.

Black Angus does not grade it's meat, so when it calls itself "prime", that's a marketing term and not comparable to certified prime beef.

Ahh, you made me look it up. I thought it was "Black Angus", but this is what their website says: Angus Aberdeen American meats of Choice Certified & USDA prime quality.

Just got back from 13 day Princess Alaskan cruise. 6 days on land in Alaska and 7 on the ship. It was amazing!!! $13K all in for DW, DS, and lil ole me. Good times and highly recommended.

Gutters on the house, $8400!
Heated pool $5800
Cut down more trees $2800

Out of the blue, plan a family cruise, $6300 for 6 people.

This was just in July and August!!!!

Next on my to do list is a well and full sprinkler system in the yard. Probably another $20K.

One month in Deer Valley, Ut to escape the AZ heat. Nice 3 bdrm condo, lots of meals out, fishing, golf, concerts, etc. Probably blow about $10k but well worth it.

Just did it! Alaska cruise for 2, minisuite, free Ultimate Beverage Package, round trip leaving from LA (no flying) $8100.

No, just American Wagyu.

From the link you posted:
Wagyu Beef comes from full blood black wagyu bulls, the Japanese breed that elevates beef to luxury, crossed predominantly with Angus cows. Born and bred in the United States,

Just did it! Alaska cruise for 2, minisuite, free Ultimate Beverage Package, round trip leaving from LA (no flying) $8100.

I’m curious how it goes. Alaska cruise, a Panama Canal repositioning, transatlantic repositioning, and Mediterranean repositioning cruises are all on the to do list.

I’m curious how it goes. Alaska cruise, a Panama Canal repositioning, transatlantic repositioning, and Mediterranean repositioning cruises are all on the to do list.
We look at sea days as part of a vacation. We are in a midships Minisuite. For that particular sailing they are offering that package.

Here is the link:https://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do

Todey closed deal on a new to me 2016 chevy colorado Z71 to replace a 2006 sierra which I rolled in January. Got it from enterprise, no haggle deal. They had a problem with the title, so they lent it to me no charge for over a month until the title issue was resolved.

Thus current fleet is 99 GMC suburban, 2012 Caddy cts4 and 2016 Z71 colorado with heated seats!

Todey closed deal on a new to me 2016 chevy colorado Z71 to replace a 2006 sierra which I rolled in January. Got it from enterprise, no haggle deal. They had a problem with the title, so they lent it to me no charge for over a month until the title issue was resolved.

Thus current fleet is 99 GMC suburban, 2012 Caddy cts4 and 2016 Z71 colorado with heated seats!
Love Enterprise- I got a 2016 Hyundai to replace the 2003 Hyundai I gave to our grandson. DW, OTOH, dumped her 1998 Caddy with a bad head gasket for a brand new 2017 Mazda CX-5 which she loves

Love Enterprise-/QUOTE]
Agree, my first deal with them.
No hassles, even from the "finance guy" in spite of me declining the few extras he offered. Have seven days to return truck for any reson. $200 restocking fee if I were to doit.
A month of driving it as a loaner, the only issue was a slight pull to the right. They did the wheel alignement while we were doing the paperwork. And cleanid up nice, though it will be coverd in mud by Sunday :) This truck is quieter than my caddy, drives nearly like a car in spite of having off road suspension.

Oh and I traded in my 95 jaguar which needed tires, power steering assembly, oil change, state inspection, body bushings, rust repair, and on and on.... It was time to move on from it. The fact that I did not have to deal with craigslist idiots and scammers, priceless.

Overall a small dent in my net worth.

We were buying airline tickets to get to a cruise that were going to be $775 ea. 1st class was "only" $1010 so we just did it.

Bought a Silverado Z71 in October; love it. (I was looking at Colorados but got the Silverado for cheaper than the Colorados, due to sale). Had a manual Silverado in 2000 and drove Dad's back in the 70's; what is surprising is how nice they drive on the freeway (mostly use it for long trips; skiing commutes in winter; and a few intown errands per week).

Just bought a HP Spectre 15.6 laptop [emoji335] with a 1 terabyte hd, 4K screen, and 16gb of ram. The processor is top notch with face recognition (it reads wrinkles really well)... $1700 for the whole package. My old laptop had a stuck “P” key on the keyboard and wouldn’t let me type. I tried everything and it was internal. I had the laptop since 2012.

Just bought a HP Spectre 15.6 laptop [emoji335] with a 1 terabyte hd, 4K screen, and 16gb of ram. The processor is top notch with face recognition (it reads wrinkles really well)... $1700 for the whole package. My old laptop had a stuck “P” key on the keyboard and wouldn’t let me type. I tried everything and it was internal. I had the laptop since 2012.

If you're into electronics it is very hard to blow that dough since everything is so relatively cheap. Sounds like you will get a lot of enjoyment out of the new setup.

If you're into electronics it is very hard to blow that dough since everything is so relatively cheap. Sounds like you will get a lot of enjoyment out of the new setup.

Thank you, I try to buy the latest in technology so it will not become obsolete in the near future. I bought a 2006 used Lexus gs300 in 2006.it was a trade in so I picked it up for $39k. Most money I ever spent on a car. Fast forward to today, I still have the car and it runs wonderful after 12 years. So overall it served me well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom