Buying Glasses Part II

It's about 19 mm on my screen :D

Thats a bit close, don't you think?

018.JPG

I decided I'm going to get a pair of these for surfing:

standard-eye-front_350x293.jpg

Standard Eyewear Rx | Silverfish

I'm tired of not seeing well while out on the water. The cost ($158) is about half of that at the optician's.

It seemed pretty straightforward to measure my PD.

I knew I had to get a PD measurement (Pupillary Distance for the uniformed) as well. After my exam I ask the Dr. for the PD measurement and he said they would take care of it at the front desk.

I had an eye exam today, and asked for the PD measurement, which she did for me, although it is totally irrelevant if one is blind in one eye, as I am.

I had done the measurement carefully myself, using several techniques. The value I got was 66.

The value the doc measured was 50/48.

Talked to the optometrist, she looked at an older measurement, and agreed that it should be about 66. She said that when she measured it, it seemed too low, and she did it several times, but that's the number she came up with.

Moral: You can do it yourself -- even the pros make mistakes.

Talked to the optometrist, she looked at an older measurement, and agreed that it should be about 66. She said that when she measured it, it seemed too low, and she did it several times, but that's the number she came up with.

Is she originally from New Zealand by any chance?

Recently the MAF (Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries) produced a sticker in the form of a ruler with which recreational fishermen could measure their CATCH, to determine whether it was of a legal size to keep. However the REAL CATCH here, is that the ruler they produced was not the correct size - It is approx 10mm SMALLER than a REAL ruler.

Back
Top Bottom