bye, bye

^ Geez, Norm Macdonald was/looked young there.

Don't have anyone on ignore. Not too thin skinned. Always be able to take what one dishes out.

Don't have anyone on ignore. Not too thin skinned. Always be able to take what one dishes out.

Yeah. I have never used the ignore feature. Even if I do not agree with someone on one topic, they could have something valuable to add on a different topic.

Although I have been known to scroll down pretty quickly when things occasionally go off the rails :D

I think many people are a bit unlike themselves owing to being locked up for all these months.

A “bye” that always makes me smile is what Bette Davis said was her all time favorite line: “I’d like to kiss ya but I just washed my hair. Bye!”

https://youtu.be/ndSEWPQlYjU

I've found many of those on my ignore list who stopped commenting altogether did so because their status changed to "gone traveling".

EDIT: One almost universal behavior of those who flounce from the forum is they can't resist returning to see what was posted about their departure - as the OP did early this AM.

Big Brother IS watching!

This place is one of the most chill, well behaved and thoughtful corners of the Internet.

Convents force nuns to read this board in an effort to boost their understanding of decorum.

We all disagree with things from time to time and I’ve had people tee off on my posts in ways I thought were silly or offensive. But you just shrug and get on with life.

I hope he gets over whatever the concern is and comes back. But if someone can’t handle the tone here they probably consider canceling their Internet service because I don’t know that they will find anywhere more pleasant.

I think many people are a bit unlike themselves owing to being locked up for all these months.

A “bye” that always makes me smile is what Bette Davis said was her all time favorite line: “I’d like to kiss ya but I just washed my hair. Bye!”

https://youtu.be/ndSEWPQlYjU

That’s a really good one! Also made me think of South Pacific ‘I’m gonna wash that man right out of my hair, and send him on his way’.

You are a better person than me....there are times I have put myself on "ignore" for a while. ;)

Haha - I am probably one of those posters Invinsfan refers to in that mostly pleasant, but a few subjects I feel "strongly" about.

Well I agree, but sometimes you never know what will provoke a heated response. I never thought that a discussion on the number of stairs leading to a front door would trigger some folks. I admit it triggered myself a bit too.

I have since learned to use the "thread unsubscribe," something I haven't done since I joined. It is a good tool to calm the nerves. I find it is usually better and less heavy handed than ignoring users.

Hell, in an automotive forum, I had someone try to ream me out because I stated that a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser station wagon only had 2 headlights, and not 4. :facepalm: I got called a liberal, and I was told that I needed to find some other passion because it obviously wasn't cars, and all sorts of other whining. :popcorn:

This forum is downright tame, compared to the rest of the world. I've had disagreements with other members here, although nothing comes to mind. I remember saying something once that got taken out of context, but then I realized that I had worded it a bit awkwardly, so I apologized. And I've been corrected every once in awhile, if I've spouted off something wrong...which is something I HOPE would happen. The last thing I want to do is put incorrect information out there! But overall, this forum is one of the best out there when it comes to civility! So, thanks to everyone, members and moderators alike, and here's to many more good years!!

Convents force nuns to read this board in an effort to boost their understanding of decorum.

Ha ha love that! However, in the spirit of this board, facts Uber Alles please indicate a source :)

How would Jeff Goldblum's "It's my my great pleasure" be punctuated? Would an editor use "[sic]"?

Oh, no, the ultimate insult! And totally appropriate when it comes to cars. Those old cars are especially known for their strong political notions. :LOL:

I stated that a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser station wagon only had 2 headlights, and not 4. :facepalm: I got called a liberal!

If I understand correctly, the OP's comments are about money printing and Modern Monetary Theory.

I completely agree with him (her?). I don't know how we got into this... (Bush Jr?) but both President Obama, President Trump (whom I like) and now President Biden are going full head-long into this concept of printing money.

I have friends that span the entire political gambit, from my friends who's parents live in the Hamptons who literally espouse Communism as a good solution, to my friends in Florida who think states should secede. We're all friends because, back in the 80s and 90s... as teens, we didn't have social media and we learned to be friends with people we didn't 100% agree with.

Never the less... a large group of my friends (ON BOTH SIDES!!!) agree with MMT... and I just don't get it.

The concept is to print money, which helps pay for things we want, which will then lead to inflation, which then devalues the debt. I understand the point, but I don't agree with it.

China is looking to replace the dollar with their currency as the global standard. Being irresponsible with our budget is... well... irresponsible. It seems like politicians have absolutely no concept now of the budget.

I honestly wonder what happens here?

Does the USD get replaced as the global currency... there-by causing a total collapse of the US economy? And when that happens... what happens to those of us who have been responsible? Our money will be literally worthless... and what about the debt on our home? If we have sudden deflation caused by the sudden devaluation of the USD... are we now all responsible for paying that back, and / or do the banks now repossess all of our homes?

Totally random, I have poison ivy on my hands because I was pulling weeds yesterday... just noticed it's also on my private bits too. That is all...

Last edited:
^ You got all that, including poison ivy on your privates, from "bye, bye - enjoy!" ? :facepalm:

LOL, no... the original poster edited his post and removed all of it after the fact.

If you read a couple of posts after the main post, several readers quoted his original post... which is where I got my information from.

The poison ivy came from my back yard. I definitely did not get poison ivy on my private parts from the original poster... hahah.

Back
Top Bottom