Chevrolet Christmas Commercial: A Holiday to Remember (get Kleenex out)

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Chevrolet made a powerfully emotional Christmas commercial. While I was watching it I got something in my eyes, like I was cutting onions or something, I dunno...

Thanks for the warning :'(

Apparently music can have that effect on folks with dementia/Alzheimers. There's a touching documentary, "Alive Inside," that has similar scenes from real life.

Thanks for the warning :'(

Apparently music can have that effect on folks with dementia/Alzheimers. There's a touching documentary, "Alive Inside," that has similar scenes from real life.

I think it was the combination of the music, which was likely from Grandma's youth, and being driven around and seeing all the sites in town from her life that affected her.

I'll be honest. I didn't like the way it started. And it hits home way too hard.

But as it rolled along, I noticed some eye issues. My heart may have softened up a bit too. I better get it checked.

Unspoken in this video is the Gen-Z granddaughter who has that Gen-Z vibe, yet doesn't fit the stereotype that we frequently try to classify that generation.

I admit, it was great.

Lots of those 'onions' floating around today I guess. Must be the Season !!!!

Reminds me of my grandma and mom...both gone. My sis now has early onset. Thank you for the bittersweet memories. I miss them every day.

I'll be honest. I didn't like the way it started. And it hits home way too hard.

But as it rolled along, I noticed some eye issues. My heart may have softened up a bit too. I better get it checked.

Unspoken in this video is the Gen-Z granddaughter who has that Gen-Z vibe, yet doesn't fit the stereotype that we frequently try to classify that generation.

I admit, it was great.

Good deal - the intro scenes with surly expression granddaughter puzzled me but felt plausible - points to GM for maybe doing a little marketing to the coming generation of customers. And yes, 3 for 3 had watering eyes among those I know who watched it, including me. Had to go kick the sleeping cat to get back on an even keel.

I've been a Chevrolet guy since I was a youngster - knee high to a grasshopper as the saying goes. That was certainly a wonderful video - yep, crying my eyes out!

Wonderful video.
My Grandmother had Alzheimers, it was rough on family.

Yes, wonderful very touching video and indeed tears all around.

Yeah, I saw that one posted on another forum. A tearjerker, up there with the loss of Grandpa Walton, and Pa Ingalls having to shoot Laura's pet horse!

And seriously, that last one, I just saw again a month or so. Even after all these decades, still chokes me up a bit.

Wonderful commercial. I bead up easy, so no challenge here.

Thank you GM. This is wonderful. Mom had Alzheimers. I would have given anything for a moment like that. I used photo albums to jog her memory. That worked for a while.

We really have no way to know what someone with Alzheimer's is thinking, particularly when they are in advanced stages of the disease. It's wonderful to experience something similar to what's depicted in the GM video - a rare moment or few minutes of lucidity that allow us to feel we're connecting with the person. An old vehicle, clothing, a scent, food, a sound - who knows what will take us to that special moment.

I loved it! Thank you!

Hearing the John Denver song “Sunshine on My Shoulders” brought to mind another sweet song of his, “Perhaps Love”:

Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home

Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself