Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good way to start the day.

Wordle 248 3/6

[emoji833]?[emoji833]?[emoji833]
[emoji833]?[emoji833]??
:confused:??

So Midpack, perhaps "par" is different each day based on the difficulty of the word. Seems like today's (Tuesday) is a bit easier and more are solving it in 3 and 2 tries. Almost like a golf course?! LOL :LOL:
I don't keep stats, but I can't recall any word answer that was difficult, all of them have been fairly common words that use the most commonly used letters - so reusing a well thought out set of starter words works pretty well (buzuq might be a poor first choice).

They could easily make some days much harder than others with word choices, but I don't know how/who chooses the words. And since their goal is to maximize clicks to data mine users, they're probably not interested in making it harder. The easier it is, the more people play.

So to me so far, it's all been in the choice of first and (in most cases) subsequent words. I'm starting to lose interest in Wordle. YMMV

Last edited:
Wordle 248 3/6*

?⬜?⬜?

Got it exactly wrong in the second guess - but it definitely made the third guess easy.

Got today's and my archive in 3, and got both pretty quickly. They were enjoyable games for me, I didn't spend much time trying to think of words, I found good words that would eliminate letters quickly, so I was involved in the strategy of which word did the best job at eliminations. That's the part of the game I like.

Wordle 248 3/6*

��⬜��⬜��
����������
����������

Got it exactly wrong in the second guess - but it definitely made the third guess easy.

That's interesting, I'm trying to work backwards to see how you could be exactly wrong, and it didn't come to me immediately, gonna keep working at it (I'll ask tomorrow if I remember).

edit, OK, think I got it! :)

-ERD50

Last edited:
Wordle 248 3/6*

��⬜��⬜��
����������
����������

That’s interesting, I can only think of one word the second try could have been (I know, no spoilers). I’m sure after hitting enter on line two I would have thought HUH?

Several of us got today's in 3.

Wordle 248 3/6*

⬜⬜?⬜?
:confused:⬜⬜

I still enjoy it. I guess if started getting all 2s, I might lose interest. And like others, when you get stuck in the "corridor" is the most frustrating.

cd :O)

That’s interesting, I can only think of one word the second try could have been (I know, no spoilers). I’m sure after hitting enter on line two I would have thought HUH?

Oh, oh! Reverse Wordle. :) I did that exercise too and can only come up with one word. It is a fun thought experiment.

Wordle 248 3/6*

?⬜?⬜?

Oh, oh! Reverse Wordle. :) I did that exercise too and can only come up with one word. It is a fun thought experiment.

Hah! I actually slipped, and tried to backwards guess based on the archive I did today, not today's puzzle. Using today's puzzle, the "exactly wrong" word came to me very quickly. Now I need to see if I can find another!

-ERD50

^Nice!

Wordle 247 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜?
??⬜?⬜
:confused:⬜?
:confused:?⬜
?⬜:confused:

My 2nd double bogey. I had a joke word that DW and laughed about that I didn't think was a word, and absent mindedly pressed enter... learned nothing.

I actually broke out the pencil and paper for the first time in my streak of 36.
The joke word was "retox"...I often use "x" as a place holder. I thought that was a non-word, but they use it for yoga events at the tap room, where they do detox then retox with a beer :)

Today I went for a 3, but didn't get it.
Wordle 248 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜?
?⬜??⬜
⬜:confused:?

Happy with par. I had enough hints that the last word was a short putt.

Man, we really are using the golfing terms/ analogies here! Does that mean our 1st guess is our “drive” which we might “ slice” and get no letters right or we could hit down the center of the fairway and get 2-3 letters including at least one in the right spot?!
I like it [emoji3]

Wordle 248 2/6

⬜��⬜����
����������
Honest, I did the wordle before looking at the comments. My (normal) starting word was very close, one yellow, two green.

Guessed wrong on line 3. :facepalm:

Wordle 249 4/6

⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜?⬜⬜?
⬜:confused:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom