Daily WORDLE - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but I wish they'd throw in a real stumper just to keep us on our toes. I have yet to see an uncommon word, much less one with infrequently used letters. Of course it's been a while since my only double bogey, so careful what I wish for? :blush:

Have you done day 39 in the archive?

I don't know why, but I wish they'd throw in a real stumper just to keep us on our toes. I have yet to see an uncommon word, much less one with infrequently used letters. Of course it's been a while since my only double bogey, so careful what I wish for? :blush:

#244 killed me. I was gaping at the computer for 40 minutes. Never did get it. Back in form since then (she says defensively.)

Have you done day 39 in the archive?
Wow, thanks. Just did it and squeaked out a double bogey 6/6! I went off searching for obscure letters and almost blew it...

#244 killed me. I was gaping at the computer for 40 minutes. Never did get it. Back in form since then (she says defensively.)
Yep, got a double bogey 6/6 on that one too, barely. But there are harder words I'm sure most of us would miss - but since NYT wants clicks they don't want to make it too hard.

Wordle 249 5/6

⬜������⬜
����⬜⬜��
����⬜⬜��
������⬜��
����������

Yep, got a double bogey 6/6 on that one too, barely. But there are harder words I'm sure most of us would miss - but since NYT wants clicks they don't want to make it too hard.

My understanding is that, so far, NYT has little to do with the words selected.

By most accounts, Josh Wardle wrote the game, and pre-programmed the words. Those words live in the javascript code, so some cheats have uncovered them. With the exception of a few words, NYT has not altered the list.

See, for example, https://www.pcworld.com/article/606109/how-to-cheat-at-wordle.html

Bogey, drat. Second time I’ve blown it by guessing when I didn’t have enough letters, wasting a turn…:facepalm:

Wordle 250 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛??⬛?
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛??⬛?
:confused:??

Wordle 250 4/6

[emoji833]?[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]
[emoji833]?[emoji833]?[emoji833]
[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]?[emoji833]

Wordle 250 3/6*

[emoji834][emoji834][emoji834]??
[emoji834]??[emoji834]?

Completely screwed up line 4...
Wordle 250 5/6

⬛⬛⬛?⬛
⬛?⬛??
⬛??⬛?
⬛⬛?⬛?

Eh, could have been worse, could have been better.

Wordle 250 5/6

[emoji833][emoji833][emoji833][emoji833]?
[emoji833]?[emoji833][emoji833]?
[emoji833]??[emoji833]?
[emoji833]??[emoji833]?

I had the last 3 letters in the right place after guess 3. Unfortunately, the winning word occurred to me but I opted for what I considered more likely candidates. Doh.

2 fail days in a row. No streak for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom