Dental Insurance under Medigap G

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Question: do you have a separate dental policy?

Our teeth are in pretty good shape, so far. I calculated the dental policy premiums cost more than getting our teeth cleaned at full price. I get major dental work is expensive. Most policies pay 30% if the dentist is out of network, if you need major dental work. In network 50%. And the maximum they pay out is $1000.

I’m just trying get my head around if it’s worth it to get dental insurance.

Thoughts?

If you do a search here, you'll see that this is discussed periodically. The general consensus is that unless dental insurance is subsidized, it is not a good deal. Some dentists offer a discount plan that can be worthwhile.

I’m just trying get my head around if it’s worth it to get dental insurance.

Thoughts?

As you know, Medicare doesn't cover from the neck up (LOL)!

Unless you can find the magic dental plan that actually covers anything much beyond teeth cleaning, the answer is NO.

If you do a search here, you'll see that this is discussed periodically. The general consensus is that unless dental insurance is subsidized, it is not a good deal. Some dentists offer a discount plan that can be worthwhile.

Good link, thanks.

Re: bold above:

Our dentist has a plan like this. I think it was $289/year. 2 cleanings, 2 exams, 1 set of x-rays and a 30% discount on any other work.

Back
Top Bottom