Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Tagalongs

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Trefoils

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Do SI Do's

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
We really like the mints. Sometimes I get the pressured feeling at work from a parent or two that have Scouts...to buy them. The parents must be under some pressure to sell cookies and I think it gives the kids good salesman skills for selling used cars later in life. I usually buy a box or two because I know the consequences...

Attachments

• girl-scouts-demotivational-poster.jpg
    girl-scouts-demotivational-poster.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
My daughter was a girl scout and when cookie time rolled around I offered to just donate money instead of selling those cookies . No go ! My spare room was lined with cookie boxes . I ended up buying a lot of them and just taking them to work for the break room.

Thin mints hands down for me! They are great frozen by the way. I bought a box from the Girl Scouts selling in the lobby of the grocery store. Will come in handy some day when I have a chocolate attack.
THIN MINTS
THIN MINTS
THIN MINTS
:clap::clap::clap:
I don't think I've ever eaten 1 unfrozen. :D
Aldi's has a pretty decent "Thin Mint" cookie in their stores.

Here in AZ, they've got canopies set up and the moms hawking them at the entrance to Walmart... Not sure what message that sends the scouts. :(

It was the same in Houston, but I never ever saw that in innercity Chicago.

Picked up two more boxes of do SI do's from the girls hawking them at the King Soopers store. That makes 8 boxes this year;0)

Here in AZ, they've got canopies set up and the moms hawking them at the entrance to Walmart... Not sure what message that sends the scouts. :(
I used to go door-to-door selling candy bars from school in my immediate neighborhood, but that was in a completely different time when kids could safely do that.
I don't agree with the kids being completely absent from the selling places and process. But I can understand why parents don't want to send their kids out solo to private homes. :nonono:
My neighbor (two doors away) goes with his kids door to door for safety reasons. Sounds like a good compromise.
I usually do not buy if only the parents are selling. If the kids are there actively getting my attention, I always buy something. :)

Samoas easily. A few years ago they had a "low fat" lemon cookie that was suprisingly AMAZING, but apparently I was a minority who thought that! On a side note, there are no GS cookies I will turn down in the middle of a sugar craving!

I used to go door-to-door selling candy bars from school in my immediate neighborhood, but that was in a completely different time when kids could safely do that.
I don't agree with the kids being completely absent from the selling places and process. But I can understand why parents don't want to send their kids out solo to private homes. :nonono:
My neighbor (two doors away) goes with his kids door to door for safety reasons. Sounds like a good compromise.
I usually do not buy if only the parents are selling. If the kids are there actively getting my attention, I always buy something. :)

+1.

I don't think I've ever seen GS cookies being sold in front of a grocery store without Scouts being present, way outnumbering the troop leader/moms. No way can kids do wholesale door-to-door selling today without an adult accompanying them and usually they go to houses of the people they know. I would bet the troops are told NOT to go out alone.

Whatever the ones with coconut and chocolate and are all gooey and delicious. Or, at least they used to be; last time I tried any, they all tasted like sugar-free nastiness. I'm hoping that was a fluke!

Somoas!! I'm still delivering a few boxes to my co-workers in Indonesia when I fly there, and my youngest daughter is 20 now! I have to admit that most of them request Thin Mints, though.

Samoas here. Bought some and asked that they be donated to one of the local "old folks homes"----they REALLY appreciate receiving them!

Back
Top Bottom