Feeling Claustrophobic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbata

Full time employment: Posting here.
When I was 7 years old, I climbed down into a sewer. The sewer pipe, I'm guessing, had a diameter not more than 18". Not telling anyone, I brought a flashlight, and shimmied all the down the hill through the sewer. From my apartment all the way down the hill to where I could finally come back up.

The distance was around 300'. No one knew I was down there. The space was so tight, I had to waggle with my arms tucked under my chest, being still able to hold the flashlight. I'm guessing it took an hour, but it's been so long, I don't really know, but it did take a while.

For some reason, I never panicked. There were no rats or animals to bother me. I just looked at it as a little adventure. When I came out the other end, I'm not even sure I told anyone. I probably just continued playing. Thinking back, I could have easily panicked, something could have happened to me, and no one would have known where I was.

Covid-19 is like that collectively. While we're in it, we just keep our heads down, and keep trampling along. I haven't had any alcohol for a number of years, but if this ever gets over, I'm going to get nice and drunk.

I drank every day before covid, I drink every day during this covid and I'm going to drink every day after covid.

But the last time I was drunk was 25 years ago.

If this ever gets over I'm going to belly up at the sushi bar shoulder to shoulder with fellow fish lovers and get my food handed to me by the makers right over the display chillers.

Robbie, one of the things we miss about not going out (not that we did, very much) is the special chef's-choice sushi platter at our favorite Asian restaurant. A huge selection, and we used to eat every bite.

\
I drank every day before covid, I drink every day during this covid and I'm going to drink every day after covid.

But the last time I was drunk was 25 years ago.

If this ever gets over I'm going to belly up at the sushi bar shoulder to shoulder with fellow fish lovers and get my food handed to me by the makers right over the display chillers.

OP, interesting post. I believe childhood experiences extend into your adult life and help you cope with ongoing negative or positive experiences. Although, my fear of heights started in my 20's and has tempered quite a bit. I enjoy nature more than human contact, even in the winter. So I'm outdoors everyday, regardless. Maybe that's what gets me through these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom