Fidelity commissions dropping

NOW they do it! Right after I finally divested most of my remaining company stock!

Great news actually.

Schwab cut their commissions from $8.95 to $6.95.

Fidelity drops their commissions from $7.95 to $4.95!

I remember when Fidelity commissions were $100 and considered much cheaper than the competition!

Last edited:
If McDonalds dropped the prices of their burgers, would you want to invest in them?
$4.95 is still too high. Plenty of places have a commission of $0.00.

If McDonalds dropped the prices of their burgers, would you want to invest in them?

Probably. They'd drop prices to make more money, so they'd probably make more money. If the drop came with reports of low earnings, that's different. I wouldn't be sure enough though. I have to do research on what happens in these cases.

$4.95 is still too high. Plenty of places have a commission of $0.00.

I don't know what commissions are for me anymore, I'm grandfathered in under my old commissions from ThinkorSwim before it was bought by TD Ameritrade (ToS was cheaper so I got to keep that pricing structure). Since I haven't made any trades that weren't commission free ETF's in years, however, I can't recall what the costs were.

You could buy a book and not read it.
That method seems to be working well for you so far.

Reading instructional material is a sign of weakness. The stock market looks for that in investors. My books are just to throw them off.

Reading instructional material is a sign of weakness.

But asking basic questions and arguing with people far more experienced and knowledgeable about investing on an anonymous internet forum, however, is the foundations for being a mastermind.

But asking basic questions and arguing with people far more experienced and knowledgeable about investing on an anonymous internet forum, however, is the foundations for being a mastermind.

Finally, someone who understands me!

They dropped the price for trades because I called, complained, and then have been moving my funds to Vanguard, where I get $2 trades. Really, they asked why I was shipping off and I told them.

Commission? What's that? All I buy these days are commission free ETF's and mutual funds, except for a couple of legacy DRP's at Computershare that I send a few bucks to every month because it's free to buy and hold.

What we REALLY need is commission-free real estate...

They're probably not losing too much revenue on the trades, lots of newer investors may go there from XYX platform.

Last edited:
FIDO also has 0$ commissions on some option trades. Used it many times to close out positions.

Yes, this morning I saw that Schwab dropped its stock trading fee to $4.95. I still have a few accounts with them. When I started with them in the mid 90s, it was $29.95 a trade. I moved my largest account from Schwab to Scottrade to enjoy the $7 trades in the early 2000s.

Most of my money is now at Merrill Edge, where I get 100 free stock trades per month, and option trades are $3.30. And I got a few $K for transferring the account too. I still keep some accounts at Schwab, but only trade their free ETFs now.

Last edited:
TD Ameritrade is dropping their commissions on equity trades by ~$3, still going to be higher than Fidelity or Schwab with the new $6.95 however.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom