Fidelity free Turbotax offer

I now see the Get TurboTax® Online Premium free but when clicked, it still goes to the 20% off page, not a free one.

So still something wrong. I have a free filing code to use in case they don't get it figured out soon, but that's kind of annoying they updated the offer graphic on the summary page but not the actual link to the correct offer.

Last edited:
Figured it out! My browser needed the cookies and cache cleared but also tried it out on different browser and it worked fine.

Figured it out! My browser needed the cookies and cache cleared but also tried it out on different browser and it worked fine.

Normally, I use Safari, however, I have one browser, Chrome, that I only use in incognito mode. That way when things like this happen, I don’t need to clear out all my cookies which causes me to have to re-enter all my passwords. Plus, I like having my history.

Glad you got it worked out.

I also have the free offer now. I guess they think it is great that they offer it before all of their tax documents are ready. It doesn't help those of us who want to do an estimated look before the end of the year when adjustments can be made for investments or Roth conversions. Yeah, I know I could use last year's what-if function.

I recently moved a chunk of IRA funds to Fidelity and I wondered if it would qualify me to receive some offers. I think my calls now get routed to some type of "preferred client group" now but that could just be a name change. I still have my free helpful advisor at the local office. Anyway I checked a couple days ago and the offer was still 20% off. Today I was checking on the Retirement Planner access issue some users are having, customizing my landing page, etc. and now I have the Free TT Online link. Desktop version is $5. I have already purchased HR Block software because I don't like TT.

I recently moved a chunk of IRA funds to Fidelity and I wondered if it would qualify me to receive some offers. I think my calls now get routed to some type of "preferred client group" now but that could just be a name change. I still have my free helpful advisor at the local office. Anyway I checked a couple days ago and the offer was still 20% off. Today I was checking on the Retirement Planner access issue some users are having, customizing my landing page, etc. and now I have the Free TT Online link. Desktop version is $5. I have already purchased HR Block software because I don't like TT.

On a related note, if you moved 250k or above funds, then you are entitled to a cash bonus also.

fidelity took private client stays away from us if they were not managing our money and gave us a high end active trader status .

still get a dedicated rep and phone number . i also got the fee turbo offer but preferred to buy the disc itself .

unless fidelity actively manages your money where it used to say private client should have a different status now

edit : just looked and once again it says private client status so they changed it back

found this on line

Different Tiers for Similar Account Holders:

One interesting observation is that account holders with similar account types and balances can end up in different tiers.

For instance, an individual with just over $1 million qualifies for the “Fidelity Private Client Group” status, while others with higher balances might still be placed in the “Fidelity Premium Service” tier.

This highlights a lack of transparency in Fidelity’s tiering system.

Some clients have reported varying experiences with the different service groups.

While the Fidelity Private Client Group is praised for its swift response times and elevated level of support, the Fidelity Active Trader Group has garnered praise for its professionalism and depth of knowledge.

Fidelity’s tiered service models, including the Private Client Program and Premium Services, cater to clients with high levels of assets. However, there may be some confusion and lack of transparency surrounding these tiers.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the free Fidelity Version charges extra for a schedule C? If so, how much? Thanks

it says on turbo that premier has limited schedule c entry options ..you may need a 99 dollar upgrade to the business version

It has been years, but when I was filing Schedule C I was always able to do it easily with just Deluxe.

It has been years, but when I was filing Schedule C I was always able to do it easily with just Deluxe.

For generic 1099 income, TT Premier has produced a schedule C for both my spouse and I the last couple years without paying extra.

never used c so can’t say for sure .

i was offered the on line version free from fidelity but i like having the disc so for 68 bucks i just bought it

For what it's worth, I completed the Schedule C for DGF's tax return this year using TT Deluxe with no issues.

I usually use TT Premier for her Schedule C but was correctly informed that Deluxe would also handle it without needing to go into Forms mode. I gave it a shot as I figured worst case I could just do the in program upgrade to Premier if needed to accomplish the schedule C.

I've had the free TT for the past 6 years. I received the offer in Dec and started my taxes in Jan and I needed to wait for a few Fidelity forms. I got the forms I needed and tried to file and found out I no longer had the free TT. Called Fidelity and after several attempts to resolve I was told there is nothing that can be done and I was outta luck. Fidelity customer service has gone down hill!

I even called TurboTax Support and they confirmed I had the Fidelity free offer when I started my taxes in January. They went ahead and gave me a code so I could file for free.

Any one with a Schwab account want to sent me a referral link?

Some of us download it as soon as it’s available even if we’re not starting taxes for months.

I've had the free TT for the past 6 years. I received the offer in Dec and started my taxes in Jan and I needed to wait for a few Fidelity forms. I got the forms I needed and tried to file and found out I no longer had the free TT. Called Fidelity and after several attempts to resolve I was told there is nothing that can be done and I was outta luck. Fidelity customer service has gone down hill!

I even called TurboTax Support and they confirmed I had the Fidelity free offer when I started my taxes in January. They went ahead and gave me a code so I could file for free.

Any one with a Schwab account want to sent me a referral link?

So, you got something free from Fidelity, there was some kind of technical snafu which was resolved by TurboTax, and now you want to punish Fidelity?

:confused:

We have had free TT from Fidelity for the past 2 years. This year we got none. It is no big deal, it's just $100, less than a dinner out.

We have had free TT from Fidelity for the past 2 years. This year we got none. It is no big deal, it's just $100, less than a dinner out.

What you pay for the equivalent is way less than $100 as that is the MSRP and the software is heavily discounted.

On top of that Deluxe works for most people so in practice you pay even less.

Some of us download it as soon as it’s available even if we’re not starting taxes for months.

Yup. That’s also what I did. There’s no drawback in downloading a copy as soon as you can.

I just finished the Fed Return and E-filed today.
What's with the question asking for 'Last Year's AGI' before they transmit ?? And why do they need my Driver's License Number ?? Seems a little excessive.

But.....it was easy to fill out and file the Federal Return. Last year the CPA charged us $495 for basically the same type of Tax Return. That was really excessive.

IIRC they have asked that prior AGI question, or one similar to it, for years. Nothing new.

I know that some states require your driver's license, but I'm not sure about the feds.

Back
Top Bottom