For you football fans out there...

Hilarious!

love it.

on a similar but different note...go browns! hahaha

There's a lot of room for creativity within the rules of football. Yet people all play a particular, conservative way, and everyone seems to think that that's the one way you play football and so never play around within the boundaries.

Almost no one designs plays based on the ability to make legal backward laterals other than the QB option some college's employ. Or doing anything OTHER than lining up a center with two lineman directly on either side of him.

There's a lot of room for creativity within the rules of football. Yet people all play a particular, conservative way, and everyone seems to think that that's the one way you play football and so never play around within the boundaries.

Almost no one designs plays based on the ability to make legal backward laterals other than the QB option some college's employ. Or doing anything OTHER than lining up a center with two lineman directly on either side of him.

I wish someone would do the run and shoot again... very potent offense that is almost impossible to stop...

As for the other plays with laterals.... the more you toss the ball around, the more chance of a fumble... so you have to design the play in such a way that the rewards are worth the risks... one that is used, but not that often is the hook and ladder....

I'm partial to this game which had a few trick plays at the end:

YouTube - Fiesta Bowl Highlights!

If you have a few minutes, you could also watch:

The proposal at the end is from Ian Johnson to his girlfriend and BSU cheerleader. I have heard that they actually met before realizing that he was on the team and she was on the squad. She said yes and they got married in Boise later that year.

Another interesting thing about that game is that Lyle Smith, the first football coach at BSU back in the 1940's actually attended the game and saw the win. The famous blue turf is on Lyle Smith field.

2Cor521
Member of Bronco Nation since 1902

Back
Top Bottom